My DRZ400 stolen from Holborn!

That’s a real sh!ter. Sorry to hear, and hopefully it’ll turn up.

I have been thinking of getting one as a winter comuter, but spoke to the insurers 2 days ago about adding it to my policy. They said the underwriter will only insure it 3rd party purely because of the risk of being nicked.
Somehow I thought my Superduke would be more “desireable” …

Is it my imagination but does there seem to be a spate of ar£**oles nicking bikes from the City area…

I keep on hearing Southwark,Embankment,Blackfriars , Monument, Holborn etc etc … any guesses this ashlocks are based in the East End?

Is it the same people?

Why an I doing the detective work WHERES THE POLICE???:crazy:

Get the bloody ‘Sting’ bike out - park it in the City and wait 3 hours … bingo!

Nope, looks looking at the posts to date they’re going southside. Jay, I don;t know ya, but I can be over to Holbon in 30 mins, more than happy to pick you up and go for a scout about.

awful having to read about so many peoples bikes going missing this year :frowning: hope it calms down not gets worse!

Really sorry to hear of this, it is getting ridiculous when commuter bikes are being stolen when they have been bought to save the P&J bike. After all the effort of getting it on the road this must be a blow.

Thanks for the details complain to the council and police.

I think we need a mass complaint via the BBC London Tonight or something similar or maybe the flame bate Evening Standard, they like a good rant. Hard working taxpayers get transport stolen & police do nothing etc. The number of stolen bikes is getting stupid. :angry:

I often see bikes being ridden like they’re stolen but I have an idea to help decide if it really is…If all registered forum members were to have one prominent Londonbikers/BABT sticker on their bike and one on the back of their lid if you were to then see a marked bike being ridden by someone without the equivalent lid sticker…Sorry to hear about it too.

Uck me they got it in the end. Sorry dude I did say they would return

What a nightmare hope it gets sorted quick and the bm stays safe

not wot you want to hear but as you say some1 tried to nick it a little while ago and you still did not chain it anywhere etc?

i am sorry to hear m8.

as to the post about going southside i though wot had been reported b4 was a gang of scrotes islington way?

Thanks for the nice words and offers of help guys.

Choprocker, there is nowhere to chain it to where I work. Besides, historically this has not been a method to prevent theft. Two guys, one van, job done.

No other bikes in the area are chained up, it’s not possible, the City authorities just don’t provide, and the Police don’t serve.

Andy, it wasn’t parked where it was before, I moved it to where I thought it would be safest, but there is nowhere safe in London it now seems.

I can feel a resurgence of effect on the Stolen Vehicle Database coming on…

You can use mine as bate if you like :w00t:

But i’m first in line when you catch them so i can deal with them personally;)

Jay that might be a good idea but what would be much more useful is a list of stories of real thefts , where they were done , which road , which bay, what time, security used, how they got round it etc.

Basically prevention is 100 times better than cure - someone did start a thread about real life theft stories , everyone can learn a lot from it. But as a non sticky it just disappears.

Also a “stolen bike” section will help a great deal.

There is a tracker device they have been talking about on the KTM forum which will be good for motards. Even has its own internaly battery which lasts a few days but ofcourse can be conected to the bike battery. You can follow it yourself online and set up how/when you want to be warned about your bike. ie if it moves out of a certain radius or if it moves full stop. You get a text when it triggers off and you also get a text if the battery is low or the signal has been lost just incase the fuggers think to search for it, find it and disconect it. Im gona check it out at the dirtbike show this weekend. It is £300 mind but some insurance companies do recognise it and give a discount if its fittedEDIT: Forgot to actualy coment on the theft but hey everyone else has already said what i would.

I am sorry to see some scrot has taken your bike. i hope that person will suffer a horrible death.

Triang, that’s the goal of SVD.

Indeed… Clutch cable was parped, so here’s hoping the b**tards have an accident or get hypothermia in all this rain. Absolute C units.

Your avatar is disturbing Andy… :stuck_out_tongue:

this sh1t is getting too much now:crazy: so sorry to hear its gone jay. tomorrow im going to have a look around packington estate on the way home from work to see if it is aout there.

Sorry m8, thats terrible…

I had mine nicked on Tuesday from Embankment. The cops have yet to look at cctv! Sorry to hear about your bike, know the feeling all too well and it’s not nice.