My bikes running like a bag o shite!

I wasn’t sure if you could, the busa has the same thing and a whole list of error codes including throttle pot alignment etc.

I would try the monkey method first to :slight_smile:

gixers need trashing and if your run to work is shortish and you plod a long…

plugs is another good bet.

ohh and dont worry mark i put “most” of the baffle back in my akra after puting the standard can back on to do some testing.

Its louder but not to loud…

Life never runs smooth, there is always something there to phuck you up. You can worry about it, spend ages messing around with it, or just take it to a mechanic and get it sorted.

Gave it a good caning on the way to work down the A2 this morning but still no good - when i got into London it was worse when it got hot! Still over fuelling I think, when i started it up I could smell the petrol - didnt strip it down yesterday as it was pouring down & I havent got a garage so I’m just gonna let the pro’s look at it on Thursday - as long as it gets me to work for the next few days…

Adam - cheers for the reassurance :stuck_out_tongue: probably gonna sell my Akra now, quite like it as it is with just the K&N! :slight_smile:

Did you check if all the pots are firing-up?

Mark, if you get chance lift the tank up and make sure the air temp sensor in the airbox (is it there in a gixxer ?) and the water temp sensor in the head are both connected to the wiring loom, if they have come loose, maybe when the K&N was fitted/cleaned) it will run poorly, too rich.

Also check the coil packs, make sure they’re all seated properly and on the plugs and loom connected to them.

I’ll try and do this on weds, bikes booked in for Thursday but its not running on 3 cylinders - just like its recieving too much fuel for it to deal with. Slightly better once its warmed up but when Im sitting there with it idling it just drops and stalls after 30 secs or so - when its cold the revs are really eratic - wont stay at a certain rpm, the needles jumping about.

Well, this seems to be sorted now - when i came out of work last night, i proded at the coil pack I could see not expecting it to fix much obviously - started it up and it was running sweet as a nut! Thought it might have been a coincidence and was waiting for it to go back to how it was but it ran nicely all the way home through the heavy rain etc. Was fine this morning too so hopefully its ok now :slight_smile:

I reckon that someone at work has been playing about with my bike - seems really strange that I rode to work all fine on Friday, all weekend running like poo & Monday morning but Monday evening its fine again :crazy:

Thanks for all your help & tips tho, Im still gonna take it to bits when I give it a clean just to double check

Actually had almost the same thing on my cat about a month ago. Was all as normal then suddenly started running really badly, mainly at low revs, stalled a fair bit and sounded like it wasnt running on all cylinders at low rev ranges.

Took it to Brands hatch for a track day, and it definitely didnt sound right, but when on the track at high revs it was sweet and didnt seem to lack power, so still carried on. Had trouble starting it a couple of times (both before during and after the track day) then about a day later, it started running fine…definitely weird that one.

My thought was a dodgy batch of petrol, I used about 3/4 tanks in the week of the trouble, but could have been some crap left on the sparkies that needed to be blown away or sommit…But been sweet as a nut since!!!

Yep sounds pretty much the same! Lets hope its Ok now, it was running on Texaco 95 ron when it started playing up so maybe the BP Ultimates worked some magic

Well you did stop being a 20something recently :stuck_out_tongue: (sorry couldn’t resist that one)

Maybe it was just being temperamental because the weather was crap at the weekend and it was sulking about not going out to play!

Ah here we go :stuck_out_tongue: I think its missing its LB runs where I shoot off and lose everyone cos I come upon a straight bit of road! :smiley:

Oh is that what you are doing in the distance? I thought you just liked being cornerman :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe you should fit a new power commander or two :laugh:

Did you get it looked at today Mark?

Nope its running fine now - I think it was the petrol, I’d been using the same petrol station for weeks filling up on my way home from work when the light came on & pretty much since I’ve changed its been running absolutely fine - nice idle, smooth power with no snatchy throttle or hesitation/stalling on pull away etc. Might have been water in their underground storage tank or something - or the petrol was just crap!

I checked the air filter and plugs today & it all looked good :slight_smile: Still liking the standard pipe/K&N combo :smiley: