My bike died

Yes, that’s more or less where I was. Race team engines do very little in the way of mileage and are replaced every couple of race meets. I think how it works is the old engines are returned, rebuilt and resealed.

thats a rod failure for sure
i doubt it would be down to low oil more like the rioad failed & punched a hole in the block for to oil to seek freedom

funny that ive seem a few kawasaki engine throw a rod

From that crank surface it looks like the bottom of the conrod gave way. Same as happened on my zx9, the conrod clamp came off and the rod flailed around in the crankcase

1 Like

I’m 100% certain this has nothing to do with neglected engine oil levels, proven by the oil covered crankshaft main journals etc.

Difficult to be absolutely sure by looking at photographs however, the blackened condition of the connecting rod journal suggests that the failure may be the result of a blocked or restricted connecting rod journal oil way. Photographs of the connecting rod big end, bearing cap and shells would be more useful.

In a rare situation, I agree completely.

1 Like

Occasionally hitting the rev limiter is fine, it’s there so you don’t go faster and do damage, its at the top of the design spec.

You increase wear doing it, but its not going to directly cause damage

Noticed another Kawasaki went bang on a trackday group just now: