Moving up North

After many years of being a southern lass I’m now venturing into the great unknown… north of the river!

Being in Friern Barnet I’ll only be 15 minutes from the Ace. :smiley:

Hmmm, remember don’t go south of the river for a while, they will consider you a traitor to be hazed on sight. :smiley:

Some of us ‘saff of da riva’ folks that av moved norf side, still hold valid visa’s to travel both sides :stuck_out_tongue: rememmer ya can take the boy aat o’ da saff but ya cant take da saff outta da boy :cool:

So ur finally moving to the better side of the river then? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

+1 :smiley:

Traitor…don’t forget to put your watch back fifty years!!

yeah you north guys and girls have got the ace cafe and the enfield stunt place and south we have…

South of the river? There’s a SOUTH of the river? Sounds frightful.

Welcome, neighbour! :smiley:

I was brought up in Friern Barnet and now only live about 5 mins away.

Welcome to the north side :slight_smile:

There’s a bunch of us just 15 mins from the Ace

+1

The north is so much better than the south, i feel a bit queezy crossing the river when i went to the borough market. - BUY BOSTON SAUSAGES FROM THE MARKET - they are amazing!!:stuck_out_tongue:

The good thing about north london is roads like the A1, M1, A406, M4 and others that join the 406 which get you close to everything north. This in turn means that in 20 mins you can be in the countryside flying around on your bike.

In south london 20 mins is only get you past 2 sets of traffic lights!! Enjoy North London!!

I wouldn’t call the A406 great!! lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to the best part of London, North is where all the best people live :smiley:

TO CLARIFY -

Its great at leading you OUT of the traffic congested london and onto GREAT country roads with sweeping corners and nice cheap pub lunches.

Im not one of those strange boys who enjoys going round and round the 406 in my free time - i promise;):wink:

Welcome to the norff side massive!

[/quote]

The good thing about north london is roads like the A1, M1, A406, M4 and others that join the 406 which get you close to everything north. This in turn means that in 20 mins you can be in the countryside flying around on your bike.

In south london 20 mins is only get you past 2 sets of traffic lights!! Enjoy North London!!
[/quote]

Ah such delights await you! :smiley: Enjoy the north, if you are a curry fan visit Southall for the best curries ever. :smiley:

Gotta get through the crappy traffic of the 406 first :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, I agree :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Ah such delights await you! :smiley: Enjoy the north, if you are a curry fan visit Southall for the best curries ever. :smiley:
[/quote]

+1 curry in southall is top notch :smiley:

The A406, A1 and A5 junction is what we call the GP circuit!

At 2:00 am its loads of fun !

Heh, I’ve lived in Norf London for 26 years and came from sarf of the sarf, although I overshot on the first attempt and spent 7 years in Scotland. As for the transpontine wastelands nowadays, I can only quote a comment about the revival of “Only Fools and Horses” that I saw elsewhere:

“i look forward to ‘only pussys and battymen work’ the modern update looking at the fun-loving residents of Peckham in the 21st century and their day-to-day efforts to stab someone and steal their wallet”

So the great thing about living North of the river is that you can out of there fast? I can understand that, I’d want to.

Got to admit though, getting South of the M25, even when you live in one of the leafy suburbs, can be a pain in the ar$e and oh boy do Kent and East Sussex like their speed cameras.