Motorists take photos and videos at the wheel, says RAC

No shit Sherlock!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37370828

I have seen people watching TV and playing computer games whilst driving, one guy who did an emergency stop in the middle lane of the A3 because his texting made him miss his turn, endless texters/tweeters and phone callers. I don’t see any sign that most people even consider the possibility that it might be a problem or that they might get caught for it.

I still think the point system is pointless… a short term ban (I.E. a month) with increasing severity for 2md offences would be more effective. Also, it would cause enough hassle and financial distress for someone to reconsider but not render it so bad they lose their job (a common excuse at court I’m told)

Once automated driving systems become reliable - I think they’ll be an irresistible force. Humans have proved that, we are basically, idiots. (Or more specifically its shown that we don’t judge risk properly.) 

I still can’t believe the person who phoned 999 to complain about a police car tell him to drive correctly actually exists…

On the Job front; it should be treated as Gross Miss-conduct and they should lose their job. You can’t be a professional driver; if your that crap.

I personally can’t wait for driverless cars to come in. It will make it safer for all the people who enjoy driving/riding, actually take it seriously and concentrate.

I personally can't wait for driverless cars to come in. It will make it safer for all the people who enjoy driving/riding, actually take it seriously and concentrate. Von
Just imagine a traffic queue that automatically moves out of the way of bikes; ah bliss...
I still think the point system is pointless... a short term ban (I.E. a month) with increasing severity for 2md offences would be more effective. Also, it would cause enough hassle and financial distress for someone to reconsider but not render it so bad they lose their job (a common excuse at court I'm told) Serrisan
All good - until you get caught speeding for the first time.

They are upping the points to 4 apparently, won't do much good as there are not enough white hats around to enforce it.  Rusty99

i’ve seen a couple of people getting done on the north circular today, its not much but its a start.  pretty sure wasnt for speeding as the traffic was heavy.

Most people could manage a month without a car but 3 months would be a right pain for them - personally i think it should be 6 or 12 months and 4 points is a joke. Unfortunately we live in a society where common decency takes a back seat to the ‘get away with what ever you can’ and ‘whats it to do with you’ mong mentality.

Oh I meant for mobile. In my mind mobile is more serious than speeding… again, this is me just offering an idea without a workable plan

Things to watch out for…