Motorcycle security

An outrageous attack, from Bigty’s earlier posting, but what happened here?

https://twitter.com/kev_south/status/980658466850246656

At around 20 seconds in one of the scrotes pulls the cover back and points out something at the back wheel which appears to cause the attack to be aborted.

What was it?

A security chain? A flat rear tyre? What was it that caused the attack to be aborted?

This is not the one as I cannot remember the name but I bet it was something like this.

https://www.mcaleicester.co.uk/abus-a6-disc-lock/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkPm5686d2gIVLpPtCh3WKgPtEAQYASABEgJ8PvD_BwE

The one I’m thinking of the shell spins as well so the cutting disc has nothing to bite on.

Next weak point is the disc , they just cut out section of disc and replace it later .
But it shows the more locks you use it’s more work and they are lazy…

I know i shouldnt watch these videos, just make my blood boil and bring the worst out of me.

@ OP. I think when they realised there’s more security other than a disc lock they decided to piss off. I truly hope these cunts will crash against a wall at 60mph

Just seen this one. It’s getting worse out there

Attachments

it was a disc lock on the back wheel. 

from https://www.youtube.com/shaunrider

The first day was Monday 26th at 4pm. (3 boys)
Guy even told me I was lucky I had a disc lock on it! :slight_smile:
Second day was Friday 30th at Midnight. (2 boys)
Again, I was told I was lucky I had a lock.
But the idiot didn’t think to check if I had a lock on my rear tyre.

I am now going to invest in some “stuff” for them. As I’m not happy

about standing there and recording from the window like I was told too.

well, shit. 

If you have something similar to the Xena design where the locking pin engages at both ends this little trick won’t work.

Mian, you just need to watch BosianBill and LockPickingLawyer to realise how crappy Masterlocks are.  BB actually picked one with a cable tie.

I think both my Xena and my Oxford Omega lock at both ends. Always have two disc locks on to make it less attractive.

Many of the locks used in these lock picking demonstration videos use locks that have altered pins or damaged and worn pins & springs rendering them an easy pick.

Lock picking under controlled conditions is a whole different ball game.

I use 3 disc locks and a cheap tracker… the only reason I use 3 is I forgot my disc lock twice and was leaving the bike parked in the city so I went and bought one. Now I stick them all in my tail bag and hope it makes it less attractive than the bike next to me.

I’ve just flown from Geneva airport this afternoon. Walking into the terminal building I walked along the entire length of the motorbike parking, of which there is quite a lot. Presumably belonging to both workers at the airport and travellers from the airport. Lots of scooters as you might expect but also loads of bikes too, everything from KTMs to Goldwings.

What struck me was not a single one had a disc lock, D-lock nor chain. NOTHING. The parking is open to the street, no fence, no barrier. There are hundreds and hundreds of them parked up with no security, other than their ignition lock.

What the F is wrong with this country?

Airport Security are armed… CCTV etc…  bang bang, scrote no more.

I’ve just had to park in the street in Southwark due to my building security shutter being damaged…  So I’ve lugged in my Almax IV chain.  Nice having a boot on the bike for this. (NC700X).  So it should be there when I get to it this afternoon…  

I've just flown from Geneva airport this afternoon. Walking into the terminal building I walked along the entire length of the motorbike parking, of which there is quite a lot. Presumably belonging to both workers at the airport and travellers from the airport. Lots of scooters as you might expect but also loads of bikes too, everything from KTMs to Goldwings.
What struck me was not a single one had a disc lock, D-lock nor chain. NOTHING. The parking is open to the street, no fence, no barrier. There are hundreds and hundreds of them parked up with no security, other than their ignition lock.
What the F is wrong with this country?
Michael748
Personally I think there is something wrong if you have to use security like Fort Knox.
Personally I think there is something wrong if you have to use security like Fort Knox.
My thoughts exactly. 

My local constabulary tweeted recently that we should lock our bikes up properly to avoid theft. I replied that my bike has a sold-secure d-lock on a ground anchor, manufacturer’s alarm and immobiliser, tracker installed, steering lock on, it’s kept under a cover, in a secure garage with CCTV; what more would they like me to do? They replied that it sounds like I’ve taken good precautions and hopefully the thieves will target someone else’s bike.

That’s their policy. Make it our fault for not employing every security device known to man.