Motorcycle backpacks

Was wanting one of these for a while… Ogio No-Drag Mach 1 Came joint 1st in Ride Magazine and MCN motorcycle backpack tests alongside the Kriega R25.

Looking last weekend, Ghostbikes were best price, selling them for £70 which is still a bit steep compared to my £20 TK-Max special, but looking last night, Swansea based bicycle shop Wheelies.co.uk and their partner shop, the smaller Tredz.co.uk are selling them at a 30% discount for £62.98.

Got mine ordered. :slight_smile:

What does a motorcycle backpack do that a normal one doesn’t? It’s always seemed like a way to invent an accessory than anything actually functional and useful.

Also, if Wheelies are anything like they were a few years ago I’d not be expecting your package to arrive soon or have the right thing in it.

[quote]
Big Red S (22/04/2015)

What does a motorcycle backpack do that a normal one doesn’t? It’s always seemed like a way to invent an accessory than anything actually functional and useful.

It’s no drag man :smiley:

Don;t know about the drag aspect, what appealed to me on the Kriega’s is the fact that the straps don’t come under the arms, therefore are more comfortable.

Also they tend to have less dangly bits that flap around in the breeze, but nothing that a couple of releasable cable ties won’t fix with a normal backpack.

Some have built in back protectors like my Daianese one…

… Can’t say it adds much - armour takes up a lot of room, it’s stiff and you can’t get much in it.

Better to buy a BP and backpack separately.

This is what I found too- I prefer to let the bike do the carrying if I am honest.
The little 10L Kriega bag is an ideal day pack- if it only had a carry strap it would be perfect.

I prefer tailpacks, much more comfortable overall and I’d always worry about coming off and having something hard in my backpack that could cause damage :ermm:

I agree with you on that…just brought a tailpack and love it.
Helps with the neck pain.