Motorbike robbery

Its entirely up to you if you want to take it laying down but I won’t. You never thought if more people actually did something there would be less of it? I did not say for one minute take them on.

http://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/node/27

They are £79.99 + P&P. Don’t believe them on the range I reckon 500-700m once its installed. I’ve tried mine from about 400m and it worked a treat. Just place your antenna in the right place (obv still under your seat) and it should give you quite a good distance. Plus you can see the reception on your keyfob.

If this happens and the bike has a Tracker, it can still be activated despite the bike started and running with the ignition.

Worth knowing…and that scum would likely be looking at a serious sentence when caught.

Lewisham… Shithole.
Bloody outrageous ongoings

So they threaten you with a gun, you get off the bike, they ride off, you kill the engine with your keyfob, you’re all smug thinking you’ve stopped them, they’re 100 yards away and still have a gun…so what happens next?

“…here’'s Tom with the weather”

This made me chuckle :smiley:

This exact same thing happened to my friend in Lewisham, he was on a scooter, they pulled a knife, he burst through the red light, they gave chase but gave up in the end.

If they were going to shoot you for your bike they would have just shot you off it.

you mean shot you on it :slight_smile:

your in Lewisham, you ask a guy near you to buy his gun off him :slight_smile:

The keyfob won’t stop a running engine…

Why won’t it?

Apart from the fact I’ve tried, it its really quite simple how it works. I think it works by just cutting off the fuel supply as I get a F1 error on the clocks which is linked to the fuel pump I believe. It works so thats all that matters.

is this were you live? sw london is lovely, i’d rather posh twt that won’t steal my stuff than chavy scm

:smiley: that is a very good point actually, and if u disable your bike who’s to say you did it and the bike did not just broke down on them…i’m sure they are capable of killing but i’m also certain they’d rather go to prison for armed roberry than a murder

Why won’t it?

Apart from the fact I’ve tried, it its really quite simple how it works. I think it works by just cutting off the fuel supply as I get a F1 error on the clocks which is linked to the fuel pump I believe. It works so thats all that matters.

Tried it (fob) on a zx6r down the Ace last Saturday that was started - Datatool S4 - it didn’t stop it. One of my bikes has the S4 as well so I’ll try it then.

I had a very similar fob with my chinese 125 scooter. I could start and stop the engine with just the fob. Also if you hold the button it would set the alarm off.

You’ll soon start to realise how sh!t those expensive alarms are. The only reason they reduce your insurance is because they are more difficult to find. There is someone on here with one of those Datatools who moved his bike a couple of hundred meters into the garage with the alarm activated but didn’t notice as it didn’t go off. He only noticed because it activated the tracker. Doh!

Anyway here is a picture of the keyfob. All the various buttons are on the side and I think you’ll agree its that tad bit advanced in comparison to the sh!tty datatools. Having had a datatool on my R125 I can confirm that.

Anyway I wrote a little mini review for someone on request and I will put up a post for you all.