motorbike problems.

its a dealer warranty **** just read small print

its a dealers warranty just seen

if anyone is local they are welcome to come and see what they think.

OK. I’m a subscriber to Which? and as a benefit I have an access to a legal advice helpline.

Just spoke to them and they say that unless the warranty specifically states that it is not transferable with the transfer of ownership then you are entitled to have the scooter repaired under warranty. They say that this clause is very rare with the mainstream manufacturers but that you should check the warranty wording.

yes small print says, it is usually subject to the following exclusions.blah blah blah or has been resold/registered to another user, or sold to or used by a business.

i didnt read this when i bought the bike i just wish i did now…

Ar*se mate - I’m sorry!

I would still contact Lexmoto UK and see if the’d do it as a good will gesture? They might be after some good PR!

i did contact them the manager was rude and said i have to pay for all the work myself…

you can try for yourself its a local land line number well not local but devon…

Ar*e mate!

I would just go and post on every bike-related forum That i can found that people should not buy the second hand Lexmotos as the warranty is invalidated by sale and that they are not covered if anything goes wrong.
Make sure that you are factually accurate and do not libel the company - you can say that the manager was rude, if that was the case.

if i show you the emails she said go to cab and fso they didnt really care…

i just sent this message to lexmoto sorry to do this but i am going to go onto every motorbike fourm and tell people not to buy a second hand lexmoto as warranty is void and they will have to pay for all parts and repairs thereself… and got this reply, If you purchase a 2nd hand car, you don’t expect to get 12 months warranty do you.
To be honest, your ‘friend’ has clearly mislead you. This is unfortunate, however, blaming us will still not solve your problem.

yes i would expect a 1yr old used car to be covered by the remainder of the manufacturers warranty

+1

just sent what you said lets wait and see what reply i get.

no reply now lol