MotoGP 2015

click watch on youtube

rossi can spank it up at least half the field into the first corner. he could get to the top 5 before the end of the race. it all depends what the others at the front are able to do.

Championship leader Valentino Rossi will start Sunday’s final MotoGP race of the season from the back of the grid after a ruling by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas).

Italian Rossi, 36, was handed the punishment after clashing with Honda rider Marc Marquez in Malaysia.

The nine-time world champion appealed to Cas and hoped to be able to qualify as normal for the race in Valencia.

He leads Spain’s Jorge Lorenzo by seven points, with 25 available for a win.

Rossi had sought an “annulment or reduction of the penalty” but also a “stay of execution” to enable him to compete in qualifying this weekend.

The latter element of his appeal was rejected on Friday, with Cas adding it was yet to make a final decision on the merits of the full case.

Rossi last won the title in 2009 and will become the oldest champion in the premier class since Les Graham in 1949 if he is crowned on Sunday.

If Lorenzo wins the race, Rossi must finish second to take the championship.

Jorge Lorenzo finished on top of the combined timesheets after Friday’s Practice ahead of Marquez and Pedrosa, with Rossi fifth.

My money is on Jorge. Literally. I’m in to make £2 :stuck_out_tongue:

I wonder if any of the back row riders will make it easy for Rossi for him to pass them on the first few laps?

Must be a tough decision, do you continue trying to do your race or open up to a title contender to a man who (love him or hate him) is (one of) the greatest of all times?

@calcrutchlow says he won’t be letting anyone through - “it’s totally out of order to ask us - it’s disrespectful”

very fair point… but I was more thinking of those in the lower even positions, on sattelite bikes and what have you.

Again, similar principle probably applies and rightly so.

If someone wants something, they have to fight for it.

He should be able to overtake them no problem supposedly. If not then he’s not a champion material.

Yeah but there’s a difference in overtaking them over 13-14 laps or in the first 3-4… the gap the frontrunner will have will be massively different

I don’t think anyone got to the top of the game and into MotoGP by being nice to other riders on track.

Very true

first thing to check is how many Spaniards he has to get past first to get to the front line. Then remember that he has to get past Miller, who is good at crashing. Then Barbera and also Asparagus brothers. Thing is, his factory bike is better than a lot of the open/satelite bikes, but Valencia is the best track for overtakes, limited opportunities. He says he is setting his brakes up for overtakes into/on corners. May the best man win IE: Rossi.

Forza Vale

“Asparagus brothers” haha! I had to read that a few times! :smiley:

Lorenzo on pole setting a new pole record. Marquez and pedrosa half a second behind him

Well that’s everything over and done with now. I couldn’t get to the tv but it was quite easy to follow via Twitter.

I think marquez will have lost himself a lot of fans from his conduct today

What happened today?? I haven’t seen the race yet but know the result.

I managed to get my barber’s to change fro sky sports to the motogp while I waited and had my hair cut.

Was quite lucky he didn’t cut me the way my neck was turning!

Vale rode a brilliant race managing to get to 4th position. Not saying he was gifted every position but it wasn’t made hard for him. However by the time he arrived in 4th place his tyres must have been shot.

Meanwhile at the front there was a procession, with Marquez not even attempting an overtake on Lorenzo. There must have been a lot more in his bike and tyres as Danny managed to smash the gap at the end of the race to them and even briefly overtook the 93 bike. What a heap of shit. Actually made for a very boring second half of the race.