MotoGP 2015

Right…

This is my View on it all…

It all started a few races ago when Marquez went into the Back of Rossi and came off, This was Marquez’s fault and he wasn’t happy, they then had a few tussles over the coming races. It then Culminated in Australia where Marquez was clearly much Quicker than Rossi (and everyone else) but kept nipping at Rossi’s heals to put him off his concentration and allowed Lorenzo to push and get a gap between Himself and Rossi, then when he had, had his fun he buggered off and went past Lorenzo too (showing his bike had the Pace not to need to play with Rossi) Vale had a real Gripe with Marquez after OZ due to this and this was clear in the Malaysian Press Conference on Thursday. Rossi done himself no favours whatsoever as the world was now watching for something to happen between them.

Then comes the Race…

Marquez was again quicker than Rossi (proven by the ease of the overtakes over the 3 Laps they were Fighting) but decided to chop Rossi at every opportunity, he could’ve progressed through the pack from the 1st corner but made a really uncharacteristic mistake (which could’ve been genuine, bu doubtful) just to bring Rossi into play with him, they had 3 laps of marquez diving in front of him and making some perfectly legitimate moves but they were over exagerated and some times uneccesarily close to Rossi. You could see in the moments leading up to the incident Rossi getting very upset with him, his body langauge changed on the Bike and a few “Alba Hand Gestures” were thrown towards Marquez.

The Incident…

Moments before the actual corner Marquez lunged at Rossi so Rossi (Who admitted this straight after he race to BT Sport) had enough and wanted to slow Marquez down and try to blast out of the corner to get away from him so he took a very wide line to push marquez off his line and then get on the gas as Marquez sat up and hopefully lose a couple of seconds on him (This is what Rossi has been done for, not causing him to fall) as Rossi sat up and went wide Marquez tipped his Bike into Rossi, he hit the back of his Bike and then again his helmet knocked into Rossi’s Leg, It was at that Point that Rossi used his Knee Slider to fend off Marquez (You see this in the Video, Marquez hits Rossi rather than Rossi hit Marquez) as Rossi pushes Marquez away with the Knee Marquez is still moving faster than Rossi and the outstreched Knee hits the Handle Bar, (Not the brake lever as that would be IMPOSSIBLE) the front then goes from under Marquez as the bars are pulled sharply to the right and this is what knocks Rossi’s Leg off the Peg making it look like he Kicked out!!
The reason for the Brake Lever gaurd is to stop the Brake being jammed on when the Bikes are so close, The bikes on board Telemetry will also back this up as it will show the front brake was never applied (unless Marquez grabbed a handfull)

My Verdict…

Rossi was a Complete Twat for trying to push him off line and thoroughly deserves Punishment for Unsporting behaviour, He has let himself down and he shouldn’t have done this as it’s not in the nature of the sport. But…I do not beleive he actually meant to knock him off, and i certainly do not beleive he Kicked out at him nor did he somehow magically apply the Brakes! it was a moment of madness that really went wrong, but he didn’t mean to knock him off and i do think Marquez is just as much at fault for it as Rossi for really trying to wind him up.

The Punishment…

I think he deserved what he got, it could’ve been worse but the punishment definitely fits what i think happened and i’m guessing the stewards see it pretty much the same way i do.

The Title Race…

I still want Rossi to win it but i think it is going to be too much for him, He needs Pedrossa and Marquez to finish 1 & 2 to give him any figting chance, Top 8 is possible from the back (which is what he needs if Lorenzo finishes 3rd, but if Lorenzo finishes 1 or 2 then rossi has to finish 2 or 3. which from last is probably not going to happen. Plus you then have to add to the scenario is will Marquez let Lorenzo Through just to Piss Rossi off even more, Rossi isn’t just racing all the field from the Back he is now hoping Marquez doesn’t act a twat and let Lorenzo pass him on Purpose if he is in front of him towards the end.
The best case scenario for Rossi is Lorenzo falls and Rossi is then Handed the Title without needing to finish in the Points.

we shall see how MM behaves at the next race then…push any man that hard eventually hart over head there will be consequences. thanks for noticing the hand gestures, thats what i’ve been saying all along!!!

:slight_smile: Thats OK my Love. xxx

Some websites have written that Rossi may not race as a protest to his ruling in Malaysia… rubbish I think… he will not pass on the chance of becoming 10 times champion … just hope Marquez gets on his nerves :wink:

Rossi will not risk it, He could get to top 9 from the back if he really pushed, and if that Happens and Lorenzo Finishes 4th Rossi wins the Title. 4th isn’t unimaginable for Lorenzo, The Honda’s are really strong at the Moment and The Ducatti’s could join the Party and spoil it for Lorenzo, As much as Marquez will be fighting for Lorenzo, Ianone & Dovi will be in Rossi’s Corner, Plus they are both still Fighting Bradley Smith and Cal Crutchlow for 4th & 5th in the championship so it could still fall into Rossi’s hands

Since when have race direction ever got anything right? They seem to pamper to the team bosses, rather than doing their job and analysing all evidence before coming to a conclusion in isolation. It’s clear Rossi didn’t cause any crash, the helicopter view is clear as day. Penalties like that damage the credibility of the sport.

Amit why? That’s really despicable of you.
And I hope MM crashes with Lorenzo! There.

Rossi didn’t cause a crash?? Oh yes, sorry I forgot he’s so crap these days and since he can’t blame his bike or his chief engineer, he probably also can’t hit his apexes… Going at 50 pct of the normal pace.

I think he did need a penalty for unsporting behaviour as he did block him off on purpose and even admitted it afterwards, but a Points penalty would’ve been too harsh, the fun penalty would’ve been dock him 7 points and then let the final race be whoever finishes the highest wins the title a bit like next goal wins over the park :slight_smile: but they can’t just make the rules up so that punishment must be written somewhere as Hector Barbera got the same penalty for the same sort of offence (albeit with a different outcome) in Qualifying.

Crap???

Really???

He has led the title from start to finish and has a 7 point lead going into the final race, in my books that makes him the best in the paddock this year

this is an interesting video.

did MM headbutt VR first, and then VR knee him away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=37&v=4rXZMHQ1hEs

I don’t agree Jay, he looks 3 times before drastically reducing speed to create the situation… he knew this was going to happen, he was a dirty bastard

The above video edit is crap, he looks like Marquez is ramming Rossi, they should include the previous 5 seconds of footage where you see Rossi almost coming to a stop

Rossi admitted he slowed to nearly a stop to protest to Marquez, that’s not in question and not really unsporting it could be argued.

The issue of whether or not he caused a crash though is separate. Marquez had enough room to run on if he wanted, but he chose to lean in on Rossi. I don’t think Rossi caused the crash based on the helicopter footage, but whether or not it deserves penalisation is questionable!

like this tweet.
Michael Laverty ‏@MichaelLaverty Oct 25
Marc broke the unwritten rule, always RESPECT those fighting for a Championship when you’re not. Vale got enraged and hung him out to dry

Slowing down and controlling the pace is racing, it is not allowed in FP or quali because its dangerous but in the race, fair game. (follow all the racers on twitter, those are their words not mine) Marquez rammed Rossi, clear as day. probably in a petulant fit of pique. Rossi reacted as I think anyone would, but got punished for it.

All this is fucking rubbing, and rubbing is racing. Wish everyone would stop this bleating and get on with it. Marquez has got is punishment, no points! Rossi has his, 3 penalty points. I think Rossi got dealt a very harsh blow, but if he had kept his gob shut prior to the race and left the whole thing alone, things may well be different. his behaviour prior spelled motive and a clear annoyance with Marquez which it now appears he acted on. Grow up boys, time for man racing now.

Another thing pointed out by Sam Lowes, if all this had happened but Marquez hadn’t crashed, no-one would be talking about it. it would be a non incident, just a bit of racing, and good fun to watch 'n’all

Rossi should have stayed quiet, stayed focussed.

Give Marquez the verbal kicking post Valencia for being a twat.

Race Direction should have seen the post Australia race interviews and intervened at that point. Harsh penalties extending into next year, for any rider that is deemed to be disrupting the current championship.

Although Marquez controlling the pace and blocking another rider is not an ‘illegal’ manoeuvre, to play with the championship winning result when you no longer have a chance at it, is not sporting and not a good show for the fans so should have been dealt with.

Anyway, this whole saga has ruined the best championship in 9 years.

Oh and I hate Marquez :slight_smile:

i think good sportmanship was ruined when Lorenzo was crying for a harsher punishment on Rossi, had he been there and seen the whole thing could have been justified. but he wasnt. it was Rossi, MM and us on the other side of the screen who had the full visual on the incident. that also proves what Rossi has been pointing at from the past couple of weeks, they’ve ganged up on him. there was never love between Rossi and Lorenzo, but the ever growing popularity of Rossi despite him or MM winning most of the times, he just cant swallow it. they’re both green with jealousy and its very clear whats going down. body language says it all.
some people would sell their soul to be able to ride like Jorge or Marquez, but no thats not enough. they are little spoiled cunts and thats why Valentino would always morally win over them.

don’t see why any of you hate Marquez, he’s a very talented racer, tempestuous, but very very talented. I love a clash of personalities, it comes out in the racing, makes it more fun to watch. At this level, when there is tenths of a second between bikes after over 40 minutes of racing, the mental side of the sport plays such a large part. I hope they all go for it at Valencia, and if Rossi doesn’t race then I’m sorry but that makes him the spoiled little cunt (to coin Albas phrase). Turn up and race you whining fuckers, it’s what we pay you for!!!

Rossi say’s it all in 3 words, still a twat though.