MotoGP 2015

Well that was nice!

nice to hear people booing Lorenzo in his own country. MM is a piece of shit as everyone already knew. bring on 2016. forza Vale.
campioni si nasce, non si diventa.

there there… it is what it is, next time he´ll think twice before doing ugly stuff, and he still manages to go out to the press after the race and cry like a bitch saying who does or not deserve to be the winner.

Ah… Good ol Rossi fans. There’s no point arguing with the conspiracy theorists. He’s got to blame something after all… Since he’s not got the pace of the front 3.

Stunning performance from Lorenzo. The pressure must have been huge but he made it happen on his own merits.
All weekend he was ‘onit’. Turning in 10 consecutive laps within a 10th of a second… Genius!
Either way I’m sure Jorge would have been gracious in defeat, well more so than Rossi has been in the post race press conference.
Just hope his words don’t escalate into more trouble.
Not good for the sport.

On a more positive note.

DANNY KENT MOTO 3 WORLD CHAMPION. Proud day to be a Brit.

Watched Kent in qualifying and thought he had buckled under pressure, but apart from his team mate playing silly buggers it ended in smiles.
Agree with B, Lorenzo rode an immaculate race.
Rossi…man up ffs!

No doubt Lorenzo was well on form this weekend and put in a great ride ,as soon as the chequered flag came out switched the tv off ,no interest in seeing him on the podium roll on 2016.

conspiracy theory alert!

Yamaha have offered Rossi’s seat to Marquez when Rossi quits.

It was a poor race from MM. His usual style is to attack like a maniac regardless, he was just in the bridal train this time. Pedrosa raced, he did not dick about. Rossi needs to quit talking and start racing hard and make sure he has the speed and win next year. Damn close though!

i was surprised MM didnt attack more. i heard from someone that MM said he wouldnt attack unless JL made a mistake

A post race reflection by Marquez.

After the first day of the Valencia test, Marc Marquez discussed recent events in his press conference.
With the 2015 championship over and eyes already on 2016, Marc Marquez took the opportunity to clear the air after recent events:

Marc Marquez: “I honestly believe that within two or three months, when Valentino is at home without the stress of the championship, he will find a bit of everything. At the end I had a very clear conscience and this is a pretty important thing to help you sleep. In the end I have always given one hundred percent and I have always tried in Phillip Island, in Japan and in Aragon to stay at the top.

“When I say that all will realise, I am referring to his last press conferences. In the end this has done more than anything on track; attacking both, making people believe things that are not true and that no other rider has expected him to say. Many people have believed him and I respect that, but in the end I continue, as always, for me but as I said I do not like this situation. Malaysia and after I suffered a lot and when I reached Valencia I wanted to win the race, simply because we knew that if we did not we would be in this situation as has happened.

“I am not stupid either and knew it would end like this and this made me even more nervous before the race started, even more than in 2013 when I battled for the championship. I wanted to do my job and finish the race as well as possible but on the other hand I wanted to win because I knew I could not pass this up. I made a clean race and tried to catch Jorge, who made a record lap around Valencia during the race, but when I tried to be there for one final attack Dani has arrived and I had lost half a second as I think was seen on TV. It was one of the times I was more serious in the press conference because I knew this was coming, it was a situation I wanted to avoid in the first place by winning the race.

“It is clear that Valentino is the ace of this championship; he is the rider who has more titles and has won the most, he is a legendary rider of this championship today. But in the end one has to look at him, always thinking of others and where you are. We are in a great year for the championship, some riders are older and others younger but we all enjoy motorcycling and, as I said at the time, for me and for any rider, we must try to turn the page, although it will be hard to forget."

Roll on 2016…

Well said MM!

And you Rusty!

I saw the highlights last night… I wish Dani Pedrossa could have snuck past them both…

I watched the highlights too last night and got the impression that Marquez was pushing hard but not hard enough to overtake Lorenzo. Don’t get me wrong - Lorenzo was on the ball, half the race within a few tenths of a second from the previous lap, crazy robot-like consistency, but knowing what Marc is like it felt like he didn’t really try to pass Jorge as that would’ve given Rossi a chance (which I reckon wasn’t Marc’s primary goal anyway).

Overall, I’m more on MM’s side than Rossi’s regarding the incident and hence am pleased for Jorge - a well deserved victory and championship but I’m sure Rossi will be back next year.

I completely understand the impression that was given but it really is speculation how much MM had left in the locker and what his plan was.
You could also argue that he was lining up for a last lap overtake as he has done so at Argentina and Assen this year.
I personally don’t think MM could have done much more. Look at the lap times. Lorenzo was kept honest all through the race with MM very close rather than a cautious 5 bike lengths.
Overtakes at Valencia are notoriously difficult especially at that pace.
Bear in mind Lorenzo has had 7 flag to flag victories this year so this is nothing new.
Another interesting fact is that 5 out of the last 9 dry races at Valencia have had no overtakes at the front.

Completely agree. MM did look like he was pushing (gotta love all his sideway action into corners!) just wasn’t quick enough to actually overtake Jorge. That and Lorenzo being super consistent meant Marquez had to settle for second.

Even if MM could have gone for the overtake, didn’t Dorna just tell him not to interfere with the championship (I know you can argue he’s already done so)? If he had taken Lorenzo out in the championship round in Spain, he would be vilified (by more than just Rossi fans).