Morons

Well, more specifically, moron, and even more specifically one moron, me.

This morning parked the bike in the usual spot nothing out of the ordinary, went to work as a normal. On leaving I discover the whole road has had it’s top level of tarmac removed…plus I can’t see my bike. Getting closer I see ‘parking suspended’ signs everywhere, and a scooter on the pavement. Thankfully the workmen moved the bike onto the pavement rather than getting it removed (otherwise i’d have to figure out how the f*ck to get it back.) Can’t believe I missed all the signs this morning…

The ride home then was fine - a few cars pulling out nothing really dangerous, then about 5 minutes before getting home, I come upon some traffic queues, so I start to filter, at this double roundabout normally everyone goes straight and so there’s a queue that forms, but there’s a right hand turn lane - so often I go on the right side of the queue to filter, today the queue was moving slowly, so i’m going up the right, just as i’m nearly past him he’s going for the right lane (legitimately indicator and everything) - so I blip the throttle to get around him. Totally muppet for overtaking at the point…

Not my finest hour today.

Tomorrow will be a better day. At least you’re able to reflect on and acknowledge your mistakes.

so I blip the throttle to get around him. Totally muppet for overtaking at the point...
I think we've all done similar at some point. I can remember coming across the usual queue of cars on Avenue Road (Swiss Cottage) and just as I started filtering past them, one bozzo in a Bentley decided he didn't like traffic jams and went to do a U-turn just as I was passing. In my mind now I can still see his front wing coming out to meet me, I have no idea how I slipped past without contact. 

So long as you learn from it. My lesson learnt, I am now more careful with the last few cars in any queue; they are the ones more likely to fancy a change of direction.