Moriwaki Bike Project.

Hey Martin it’s looking sharp!

A credit to yer! :smiley:

Ross

Cheers Ross.

Bit more done over the weekend. Finally made the bracket to mount the dash. Think i have the angle correct but won’t really know until the engine is in and the bike is sitting level.

I will not be fitting pillion pegs, so the off-side bracket will only hold the exhaust. Therefore i’ve carried out some more weight saving on a spare.

Engine should be ready for paint soon, then, when installed, i’ll have to sort out the wiring.:crazy:

Lovely stuff, great machining on the exhaust hanger.

Is that a Trail Tech dash? Thought about one of those for my Blade fighter but decided I wanted to stick with the stock dash - the analogue needles are too nice to get rid of!

What will you be doing with the wiring? Fitting a modified stock loom, or wiring up new from scratch?

Keep us updated!

Yeah dash is a Trail Tech. Bike was originally a mish mash of square and round shapes. Round mirrors and headlight…boxy tank, tail fairing and square indicators. Over the years i’ve slowly fazed out the round…the twin dials on the dash are the last to go. Plus i like the modern addition to an old bike.

Regarding the wiring i plan to modify the original loom this time. It’s just the dash that needs to be wired in as i’m still running the electrics as stock.

Detail of the lightened exhaust mount

Bike dragged out for some fresh air while i sorted out the workshop.

Where has the time gone ??? :w00t:

Motor is almost ready to refit. Awaiting some new carb rubbers, which are easier to fit with engine out, then we’re good to go. Have a deadline now…VJMC event at Box Hill, May 11th. :slight_smile:

Engine installed today along with brake lines. Spent ages trying to get the brakes firm before it dawned on me that '80’s brakes are never going to feel like modern systems. D’oh !!

Spent this rather damp day in the workshop refitting the wiring loom. Almost every connection lined up, it’s just the additions and modified items that require further attention. Need to fit the wheel sensor and wire up the Vapor dash…and then calibrate it all. Exhaust has been fitted also.

Still have oil cooler and lines to install, chain to fit and rebuild carbs.

Have been informed that, as the bike has a space for a pillion, I need to fit rear pegs for the mot. This means removing the modified exhaust bracket and replace with original. This is because I have machined off the peg locators. Bike still needs to be finished by the end of this month if I am to stand any chance of getting it tested and ready for the VJMC meet at Box Hill on 11th May. Fingers crossed.

that looks lovely.

Getting there :smiley: Hope to have it ready to run over the holidays. Then, all being well i’ll sort out the paint and dash.

Finally had a chance to fire up the bike, and happy to report all is well…no leaks or knocks. Great to hear the engine running for the first time in nearly four years. Just cutting back and re polishing the paint to refresh the finish and then get the MOT sorted. Hopefully all done in a week or two. bop2

Looking beautiful, well done, although, you might like to look at perhaps modding the side stand a little, that one might drag a bit when you turn left, :w00t:

But for a few, very minor details, the bike is finished !! After 5 years off the road and 18 months rebuilding it, my work is almost done…for now.:slight_smile: And I even managed to attend the VJMC event as planned.

Will post some final photo’s later, but for now here’s one of me leaving the meet at Box Hill last weekend.

©Stuart Scarry

Nice!

Really impressive rebuild. Had the privilege to ride alongside this bike today and it performed extremely well, plus attracted some admiring glances and comments.

I have some pics of it at Box and Arundel - if Martin does not object, will post them up.:slight_smile:

Thanks for that Hels, and would be great to see your photo’s. Was indeed great to be out on the bike today…with you looking down on me for a change ! :smiley:

:cool: