Monday night commute

I commute into London everyday so I’m relaxed about the normal cage antics…

I was filtering last night with a couple of guys in front of me, we were slightly over the middle line like ya do and this small White van drives straight at us, literally on the line, he wasn’t moving, the lead guy ducked in a gap but the guy infront of me on the ped couldn’t get in, the van swerved at the last minute because he would of hit him, missed by inches…

Why? The van had tones of room on it’s side, Could of killed the guy?

Had to share this as I just can’t get why someone would do this, the blokes life must of flashed before his eyes…

The worst thing was the guy in the van was laughing…

Have had that happen to me a couple of times, very unnerving.

I read that most aggressive white van drivers get their road attitude from social and domestic problems. Pity them.

I’m not easily wound up by this sorta thing but it was that close it wernt funny…

I can’t stop thinking if he’d of hit the guy …

It’s a shame you didn’t follow the van and get the licence plate number. I’ve decided that the next time I see something like this I’ll get some info on the vehicle.

It is possible that the van driver was on his mobile- maybe hands free- and he was laughing in conversation, or maybe he was listening to a joke on the radio. Perhaps he was so engrossed he lost concentration and just wasn’t aware of what was going on outside. Either way sounds like a lucky escape and glad you all okay.

Happens all the time mainly van drivers.

Had a bus move out of its lane in camberwell to try and smear me. 'kin cement lorry driver on my side had to pull over to make room for me.

I’ll always remember the dead eyes and snearing face of the bus driver.

I thought this sh*t was the norm for idiot drivers.

Nearly said London/van/cage drivers. Then remembered I’d had the same stuff in Brighton earlier this year from a whole bunch people pretending they could drive.

Cheers guys for replies, I see stupid driving all the time in London but never that close and deliberate…

Stay safe ya’ll …

I wouldn’t have thought reporting him would do anything. At the end of the day, he was on the correct side of the road and, as he would describe, had to swerve to avoid an accident. It would be impossible to prove whether he had sufficient room to his left to avoid swerving. The big point is that you would have already admitted to the police that you were on the wrong side of the road heading towards oncoming traffic.

By no means am I suggesting the van driver was in the right and I have also had this happen to me (it always seems to be van drivers).

I had a police car, little silver astra do this to me about June time comeing down the big hill from St Johns to Lewisham station. he was hard on to the right and high beeming me.

I stopped in a small gap and he moved left and sped off.

My tolerence for Police has significantly gone down since riding bikes in town.