Westie
Whereisgibson
WildBoy
Win98se
Wise
Yourebarred
Zander
Zine
Morning sleepy heads, it’s rise and shine time!

Good morning gang. My first call is a check up at the dentist.

Yawning all.  Was a reasonable ride in  today, but the A2/Blackwall tunnel was all blocked up.  I just sent A206/Trafalgar Road and tootled through Greenwich as usual.

Morning,

The lifts at work know it’s Monday and are not working. Not that it’s a problem, just saying, it’s Monday.

Yawn, morning peeps!

Morning; in at 6:30 to cover for a release and have managed to break something - yippie

A10 at stoke newington shut. Police tape around :confused:

Boilers offloading pressure through the new pressure regulating valve again now! Argh!

I think I will jump ship…

Boy is it Monday…

So gym? Or do I go and discover what an old fashioned is?

I say the latter…

Morning all.

good morning everyone

Afternoon folks.

Had a unique experience this morning, which is a ‘migraine without headache’- it was like seeing the northern lights in my head- very weird indeed.
Took about 2 hours to clear.

Apparently it isn’t a sign of brain cancer, although it felt like it at times.

That sounds like an occular migrane!

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/retinal-migraine/Pages/Introduction.aspx

Yeah, they’re a bit of an arse. 2 hours is pretty long, though. I get them from time to time, but quite reliably 40-50mins.

The lights show was about an hour- the hangover feeling, which still hasn’t completely gone away was another hour.

Ah, yeah, that sounds more like mine, then. 40-50 mins of weird visions, feeling a bit rough and fragile for about an hour afterwards.

They’re variously referred to as ocular migraines, visual migrains and retinal migraines and nobody really seems sure what causes them. A couple of nurofen right as the thing’s starting seems to nix it in my experience, though, which is handy. Skips the visuals and go straight to a more mild hangover.

Migraine comes in many forms. My old boss, a Consultant Neurologist himself, used to get these and always took 2 paracetamol the minute it started.

Afternoon all!

Evening all.

I was informed by a friend (former research chemist for one of the big drugs companies) to take 3 asprin with 2 soluble paracetamol for a migraine. It’s worked so far for me.

I get migraines with auroa - as soon as it’s confirmed I take some ibuprofen. best way really. Glad I don’t have’um for 2 hours though!

Evening all.
I was informed by a friend (former research chemist for one of the big drugs companies) to take 3 asprin with 2 soluble paracetamol for a migraine. It's worked so far for me.
TheMonkey27
Careful with the aspirin at those dosages unless stomach ulcers sound like fun. At least take it with food. And if you find yourself doing it regularly, watch out for bleeding-type side effects.