Minitwin 2015 season

Holy cow PJ! Major shit the pants scenario! Gutted for you fella. How was the other guy?

This scenario is why a load of moto2 riders got bumped down the grid at the weekend cause they weren’t keeping a good pace around the track.

The other guy received a small fracture to his right hip and ankle but he was up and about Friday night after being let out. His bike on the other hand took a bit of a hit. I even managed to smash his rear carbon wheel!!

Still not been able to get my bike out the van as yet so still not sure what damage I will be looking at.
Have to replace helmet, leathers, gloves, back protector as they all got destroyed or cut off me :cry:

shit PJ, that is shite news. gutted for you. Get well soon bud. hope the bike is not too beaten up.

Oh no!! but as above at least your not worse than you are mate. GWS

Damn fella that’s a hard knock. GWS!

In to hospital Thursday morning so I hope they take the wires out the side of my hand so I can start with the physio and getting back to fitness and strength in my hand and arm.

All the best fella!

Good luck pj
Trust me I know how it feels

Quick update.

Still not looking good as I am still unable to clench my left hand enough to hold onto the bar. Just about enough strength to pull the clutch in but not under race conditions. Still exercising the hand but it’s taking some time so I doubt I will be back in the seat till the new year if at all. With the road bike gone and the injuries I have the motivation is draining out of me to be honest. I will see how I am in the new year and make a decision as to whether I continue. Sucks big time considering I couldn’t do a thing about it. :cry:

Aw man, that is shit news. Best of luck with the recovery PJ, keep going with the exercises and stay as positive as you can.

Cheers Dave. It’s going to be a long long winter.

Very sad to hear the injuries are not healing as quickly as you would like… :frowning:

I take it you are seeing the Physio et al? Real shame if you end up not racing next year after an incident that wasn’t your fault…

Best get you out for some beers then!

Cheers guys. A beer sometime sounds good to me :+1:

Once I get the front end back on the bike I will see if I can ride it round the block lol Bemsee have released the dates for 2016 and it starts in late March at Brands and the rookie school is late Feb also at brands so that will always be my target.

Update.

Managed to get the bike and myself into a condition that I went to Cartagena in Feb and the hand held up and I was back in the swing again. So very pleased.

Managed the first round with bemsee at brands in March, qualified 12th out of 38 and finished all 4 races 14th, 16th, 14th and 19th. Missed the second round at Donny last weekend and will be missing Silverstone in 2 weeks time but I hope to be back at snetterton end of May.

New fairings on the bike now, just need to get them painted and numbers put on.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

photo_upload.jpg

Sounds like a good start to the season mate. Best of luck with Snetterton.

What colour will the bike be when finished?

Absolutely no idea yet lol. I need something simple and cheap so may just go black for now.