Minitwin 2015 season

Snetterton 300 next weekend and hopefully a decent weekend weather wise as well as result wise.
New rear subframe has been fitted to the bike so hopefully that will give me more weight over the rear tyre and some more space so I can move back and get tucked in more than before.

It’s a trek but a great circuit to watch at so if your at a loose end for something to do then come say hello :wink:

Silverstone National circuit.
The morning after probably one of my best weekends results since I started racing. I entered into both the Minitwins and also the Thunderbikes. Quail was dry and managed to put it on 14th for Minitwins and 4th in Thunderbikes. Minitwins was just the one race longer race on Saturday, had a really good battle all through and managed 15th from a grid of 36, just 0.330 seconds off 14th. Thunderbikes had two races Saturday and the first was on a very wet track with some standing water. I was happy with the bike but the track was extremely slippy. Riders were going down each lap so I settled down to relax and bring her home in one piece and in doing so managed a 5th. Second race was nice and dry although very windy. I managed to get out with the front few and after 6 laps brought her home in 3rd​:grinning: :trophy:
Sunday was dry and I had the same results in Thunderbikes with a 5th and a 3rd​:grinning::trophy: Minitwins I managed 16th missing out on a point by 0.220 seconds. Our second race was cancelled due to an oil trail all round the circuit left by a sidecar unfortunately.
All in all a great weekend and I also managed to set a new PB of 1.17.166 taking a second off last years time.

Next up is Oulton park at the end of the month, such a fantastic circuit to ride.

Makes all your efforts worthwhile at times like this. Well done PJ!

Nice one PJ!

Great news PJ!

Great results, well done PJ

nice one PJ!

Great riding PJ.

Whats behind both the Suzuki and Ninja branding?

ER6 engine in an SV frame?

Thanks guys.
It’s still an SV650 but housing the ZX10 fairings, waiting on the new paint work if I can be arsed lol

Ohhh Cadwell this weekend?
My mate is doing his first race on a BMW1000rr there this weekend, if I wasn’t laying loft boards I’d have come up, ahhhh bugger! :frowning:

It was so bloody wet I would have faired better in a kayak.
4th, 5th and 6th in Thunderbike Sport class and 15th, 17th, 19th and 20th in the minitwin class.
Few cheeky wheelies over the mountain still even in the rain lol
Pembrey next in a few weekends time, hopefully the weather will be better.

Bravo !!

Bike all prepped and ready for Pembrey this coming weekend. Some modifications to the battery tray so hopefully no more water collecting and damping down my electrics. Oil and filter change done and a full wash down completed. Great little track with a couple of lovely corners to deal with so should be some close racing. Fingers crossed for some lovely weather.

Well that didn’t quite go to plan. Friday practice day and the sun was shining and the bike feeling amazing. I was riding well with a few changes to gearing things looked great for the afternoon. Half way through the first afternoon session and with a rookie in tow we picked up the pace. Came through the kink which is a blind right in 6th at about 110-120mph to be confronted by a much slower moving ZX7 that was trying to enter then pit lane. Needless to say I couldn’t avoid him so smashed into the back of him knocking me clean out. Smashed my bike to bits including the front wheel along with destroying all the bones in the back of my left hand and fracturing my elbow. Visit to local hospital for a couple of days followed until I was released yesterday afternoon. Home now and have to go back to Reading Hospital for a meeting with the orphopaedic surgeon to see about repairing the broken bones.

That’s the end of my 2015 season, just hope the repairs go well and I make it out in 2016

Shit balls! At least you’re alive and well(ish). If you’ve not seen the state of the bike just yet, probably best not to :-S

Really bad luck. How is the ZX7 rider?
Hope you’re on the mend and have a full recovery.

Get well soon PJ! Good luck with the repairs to yourself and then the bike!

I will need some wiring done to the back of the hand, op is booked in for next Tuesday.

Feeling pretty crappy at the moment, ache like hell all over.

Really sorry to hear that PJ…Rubbish luck :frowning:

Never did get to meet you at one of the meets.

Get yourself well and i’ll treat you to a burger and a coffee at one of the remaining rounds that i’m sure you’ll go and watch…

Neil