mini dvr 2

Really?
It was very fast :w00t: :slight_smile:

How much distance was covered? (not wanting to make any ‘making progress’ speeds obvious to the wrong people)

fair enough fella. the last thing i wanna do is intimidate pedestrians, no matter what age they are. thanks for the point and i’ll certainly consider it in future :slight_smile:

it wasn’t ‘very’ fast! it may have looked it due to camera position etc but it genuinely wasn’t. the vids i’ve done from my helmet look like a granny’s riding my bike. not sure about the distance covered to be honest.

i’ve gotta say about 3 months ago i rode into work following a police officer on a marked bike and we were way faster than this vid. i did a good 5 miles with him and he seemed perfectly satisfied with my riding. i’m not saying i’m fast or even good but i am saying it is not as bad as some people are willing to make out! :slight_smile:

cheers fella. i can’t see much wrong with it either. maybe the positioning of the camera is making it look faster/more dangerous than it really was.

by standing up and taking your hands off the bars? :wink: sorry not taking the p*ss but just pointing out that someone could say similar things to you as you’ve said to me for the pic in your avatar. i’m assuming that is you? :slight_smile:

you’ve pointed out my riding style is diabolical and i could have incurred a ban from it. but you’re also saying you could do it in half the time? please elaborate…

thanks mate. you’re quite right this really wasn’t a fast ride. the positioning of the camera and the fact is was on the front wheel (so picked up even the slightest bit of steering/counter steering) has made it look much faster. i rarely exceeded the speed limit. i just reached the speed limit quite quickly.

thanks for your points. i still disagree on the cyclist points as from shoulder checking the manoeuvre the cyclist was well out of harms way. the cyclist in the bus lane had about 3 bus lengths between him and the bus and showed no intention of proceeding to overtake so i made my move. would rather do that than battle my way back in to a line of cars. i admit the car waiting in the middle of the road was indeed a hazard but i had a lot of bus lane to use if they’d continued their manoeuvre but i agree it could’ve been done slower.

thanks your points are indeed constructive and this is proving an interesting read for me :slight_smile:

Maybe the speed is a bit misleading due to camera and noise, but it certainly felt faster then it needed to be and like others have posted, I am not sure how well you could have reacted to the unforeseen giving that riding style.

On the otherside, nice filtering, I am pretty fast but I don’t generally aim for the gaps you were aiming for at the speeds you seemed to be aiming for them.

And yeah I paused it at 2:30, the blue car right? What is it about car drivers that they don’t like filterers, I have had people proper swing out towards me before.

You posted the video if you only wanted people to praise you or give you positive replies you should have said so.

There are at least six different cases of overtaking in the Zig Zag zones, A couple of you stopping in the Cycle box and one of you on the wrong side of the road riding in a cycle lane the wrong way.

All you seem to be doing is racing away from one set of lights only to get stopped at the next set, if you eased back a bit you could probably catch a few green lights and make some proper progress

Put the video back up i enjoyed watching that. :smiley:

Oh dear! This thread went down the wrong road! The guy was “probably” only showing the quality of the footage recorded by the “mini dvr 2”. But everyone seems to have rather commented on his riding style then anything else!

when i was a courier…i rode liek a complete Tw@:D:D:D

oh hold on…i still ride liek a tw@:smiley:

i didnt get to see the vid! no fair! :frowning:

Can the video go back up? After all the comments I’d like to see it.

+1

I wanna see what the fuss is over too! :smiley:

now i know if i’m looking for praise then not to post on here :wink:

nope purpose of video was indeed to show the footage from the cam setup but also to show some traffic filtering. i was quite surprised the video got the reaction it did but i can appreciate people cannot see in that video what i could see at the time. i welcome all feedback anyway and realise i still have a lot to learn regards riding so no worries :slight_smile:

as for overtaking in zig zag zones - i can see the junctions were clear so no problem. and i also thought it was just overtaking the lead car on the run up to the crossing that was the illegal part?

stopping in cycle box - who doesn’t?? and don’t get me started on those things! whoever’s idea it was to give priority to the slowest moving traffic at the front of a queue of traffic was a moron. i’ll use em as i see fit to keep myself and others safe :smiley:

the wrong side of the road in a cycle lane - are you sure??? that would have to put me in the gutter on the other side of the road! i’m not sure who’s video that bit was in but it wasn’t in mine! :wink:

there was only really one example of me coming off a set of lights a little quickly only to get caught at the next set but i take your point and you’re right. no point hurrying and potentially putting yourself in danger to get stopped 300 meters up the road. good call but cut me some slack, i ain’t psychic :kiss:

i took the video down as judging on some peoples reactions i thought this could encourage and influence police interest in it. personally i wouldn’t have thought the police would’ve given a toss about it but one mans meat is another man’s poison. :slight_smile:

Now compare your riding style with Sheraz’s, who posted on here, quite different and he got tugged for it. Consider yourself lucky, but good to see your taking the criticism well;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVag6CzUyGg

cheers. it’s all about getting on with it for me and being in vulnerable positions for as little time as possible. but i appreciate other people may have different opinions than me. that’s why it’s helpful to hear them.

have also had the swing-out-ers come for me. i think they think what we’re doing is illegal. you do have to be careful when you choose to filter and make sure you can get back in. i usually take their wing mirrors, that really annoys them but didn’t have the stability on that ocassion!

cheers for positing that. what was he nicked for, the speed?

edit: just listened with the sound right up. seems like the speed and double white line being clipped. bit harsh. seen much much worse than that!

point taken :smiley:

He actually got let off in court;)

But you can see the difference in riding styles though.

too right. although he did look like he ‘could’ have been doing twice the limit right at the beginning of the vid. anyways, i see what you’re saying :slight_smile:

Ad, yours was an excellent video as it has triggered some healthy debate on this thread, which you never know, may end up saving lives. Please don’t be put off from posting videos again in the future, and I thank you for posting this one.There may have been some over-zealousness in some criticism here of your riding, for instance overtaking other vehicles in zig-zag areas. This is perfectly legal as set out in Rule 165 of the Highway Code and Para 24 of the Zebra, Pelican and Puffin Pedestrian Crossings Regulations and General Directions 1997 (SI 2400/97), as long as you do not overtake the nearest vehicle to the pedestrian crossing, especially when it has stopped to let pedestrians cross.

I may be wrong - maybe you did overtake the lead vehicle, but unfortunately I can’t check that as you’ve taken the video down :hehe:

Obviously, commonsense dictates you must of course be extra-wary of there being pedestrians in those zones who are too lazy/in a hurry to cross at the crossing itself, but it’s certainly not illegal.

• 1 AND A FREE DRINK IF I EVER MEET YOU!:stuck_out_tongue: