MiMe type, pic.

Wot the fvck is a MiMe type? when i try to attach a picture, jpeg i always get “sorry cant attach pic it is a MiMe type” only on the new site. dont think i had same prob b4.

Pics are jpegs and taken from all diff places, sites, camera etc.

John

Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (MIME) is an Internet Standard that extends the format of e-mail to support:

• text in character sets other than US-ASCII;
  • non-text attachments;
  • multi-part message bodies; and
  • header information in non-ASCII character sets.

Virtually all human-written Internet e-mail and a fairly large proportion of automated e-mail is transmitted via SMTP in MIME format. Internet e-mail is so closely associated with the SMTP and MIME standards that it is sometimes called SMTP/MIME e-mail.

The content types defined by MIME standards are also of importance outside of e-mail, such as in communication protocols like HTTP for the World Wide Web. HTTP requires that data be transmitted in the context of e-mail-like messages, even though the data may not actually be e-mail.

MIME is specified in five RFCs : RFC 2045, RFC 2046, RFC 2047, RFC 2048 and RFC 2077.

Translated the site is ****ed, and no one can post pictures or avatars…

there must about 9 seperate threads on this now

Bit of an exagertion there Flats Most can post, some can’t. I’m trying as hard as I can to get a solution for the problem.

Ohhhhhh i posted a pic and i didnt undersatnd all that techie stuff

I don’t understand and of this stuff… can just about switch the laptop on

i am sooo confused, lol.

No probs j, just glad to hear i not the only 1.

John

John, try uploading it from a file host like www.photobucket.com

It worked for me

Nice to see Drei can add pics

Haha i been told a million times not to exaggerate, not having a dig jay… youve done a good job fella

Arrrrrrgh! another MiMe victim.

Your loss, you cant see Sonic naked

Debz and I tried Firefox at the beginning and it wont work for us. Quite a few others are still unable to post pics but hopefully it will soon be sorted.

Keep up the good work Jay