MIME error

It’s a simple upload and store process Jim, no processing being done. It’s the forum software that’s gone tits-up. I’ve put in a support request with the authors.

Okey-doke. In my limited experience there is usually a server-side engine of some sort that processes the images, maybe resizing and/or changing the file-type if necessary (depending on options available to admins) and then stores the processed image server-side ready for being called by the forum page. Takes lots of space server-side if the wrong options are chosen…

I normally turn off ‘attachment’ capabilities in all forums I admin, too much of a pain. Web-space is available to all Shirley, uploading can be a simple drag’n’drop, wotmeworry etc…

Just had a thought - up until it stopped working altogether I’ve only ever seen ‘attached’ jpgs as links anyway, which were a RRPITA, especially if there were several - had to lunge for a pointing device! Only the jpgs which were external URLs were ever shown, so maybe the difference isn’t so great.

It’s a simple upload and store process Jim, no processing being done. It’s the forum software that’s gone tits-up. I’ve put in a support request with the authors.

My avatar kept disappearing if it was a jpg or a bmp. Post it up as a gif and it seems to stay. It’s all fuzzy though!

Space isn’t an issue Jim, we have our own servers with more storage space than BigYellowBox. Hosting then images here gives people an incentive to join up to see the images, in my experience.

This problem is bugging me big time, but we’ll get there. We always do. The worst-case scenario is that we end up waiting until the forums are upgraded shortly.

Whatever the problem I’m sure it’ll be sorted afterall it’s just teething problems like anything new. The site looks great and I’m sure most, if not all, appreciate the hard work you’ve put into it to get it like it is.

Keep up the good work Jay

x

I could add an image last night in my posting but I was on a Mac using Firefox, so maybe it’s a PC/MAC issue? Just tried to add one in here using PC and Firefox and it doesn’t show image in the Preview?

I cant post attachments either - jay did you use the MAC to develop and build the site?? Are the people who can post/add attachments using Mac’s??? 9maybe there’s a problem there) they are crap compared to microsoft (or any others)!!!

The site’s developed mainly on the PC, though in part on the Mac, and here it works fine on all os’s and computers. Loving the mac, just couldn’t eat a whole one

Sean, they don’t show in the preview, this is a general short-coming and unrelated to this. Sounds like it would have worked for you on both.

I’ve posted a pic on Streetfighters section using [img][img] thingy and it seems to have worked

so are we waitin til the upgrade?

Looks that way, the upgrade is next, i.e. I’m about to start work on it.

I can post pics using [img] tags.

Why don’t you peeps having problems use photobucket or flickr to host your pics instaed of attaching them?

i can upload a bmp but not a jpeg

those sites are blocked in most work places mate. i cant see any of the images that people ref from photobucket etc

Plus they’re far too complicated for a Busa rider

Having same problem!

So, what’s the deal?

Bank holiday weekend coming up, and the though of not being able to post pics???

I understand that there is a time and a place for things to happen Jay, I just hope that this ‘MIME error’ can be sorted out soon

Have a great weekend!!!

How much are you all going to pay me to work my BH weekend?

Well I have photobucket sussed now even though I ride a Busa In fact TerryMoto taught me so cheers

No ‘MIME’ error for me