Michelin recall

Sean told me about a recall of 2ct’s. Got the following off Michelin’s website-

Michelin to Recall Pilot Power 2CT and Pilot Power 120/70 ZR 17 Front Motorcycle TyresMichelin has launched a campaign to recall its Pilot Power 2CT and Pilot Power 120/70 ZR 17 front motorcycle tyres with “Made in France” markings. An examination of these tyres showed a possible defect in the tread due to a manufacturing irregularity. No cases of pressure loss have been reported and no accidents have occurred.

http://www.michelin.co.uk/uk/front/act_affich.jsp?news_id=20122&lang=EN&codeRubrique=43

I had a problem with a Pilot Sport last month, i wonder if they are being recalled.

Just returned from my local tyre shop and they hadn’t heard of any recall so they got on the blower to there supplier and they confirmed the recall as there is an iregular tread pattern on the front tyre only. It was only a 2 week batch with this on the side

a “Made in France” label DOT 6UCW 980T or DOT 6UCW 979Tturns out that mine was one of these so mine will have to be replaced on monday. Only wish it was the back aswell fancy a weekend of burnouts

oh craps - mine will need to be changed.

WOOHOO!!! A new front hoop - mine has done 2 trackdays!

I spoke to Michelin today and they advised me to keep within the speed limit until the tyre is changed.

They’ve said they will write to me and I have to wait for a letter or phone call to find out where/when i can get it changed.

I’ve also just put in a call for Ness and I. The fella (very friendly) said that we should get a call next week and not to use the bikes until then. Well it lasted 2 trackdays, so can’t see it suddenly giving problems now, so see you at Borough tomorrow

cor, that’s being extra cautious!!

You’re right though, it’s managed a fair few ‘spirited’ miles up to now

can’t see the pic

To shed some light on the situation. The tyre delaminated on my mate. He contacted Michelin who weren’t to interested at first. Then contacted MCN who kinda chased things up for him. Now michelin have recalled the tyres and offered him compensation. you be the judge!

new front tyre for me!!! Anybody know how to use a front tyre up quickly…90mph front wheel lock ups anybody

Yeah I think I read this one, shattered the front fender and damaged brake hose?

Too right they should offer him compensation! That is disgusting!!

mine were made by some greasy span-yard so im ok

Sometimes that is the better option - especially if big firms can really mess it up!

Mine say made in France too…Stupid bolloxs…Michelin are just crap at the moment…****e in GP and can’t even sort out their road tyres…Grrrr…

So how soon do you have to get back to the dealer that supplied 'em?

you have to call Michellin and tell them where you want them to send a tyre to for you. I’m still waiting to hear when I can get mine changed.

Cheers luv…I’ll get on to 'em tomorrow.