Mechanic NW London for an old timer

Good afternoon all.

I have an XS250 that need a little work done ( fork seals, chain and sprocket and carb service and balance). The first 3 garages that I have contacted are not interested. I simply don’t have the garage space, tools or aptitude to do these jobs. Does anyone know a garage or mechanic that would be willing to take on the job in West London?

Thanks in advance guys

sounds like a job for matt liddy if you have him on facebook. he sorted out my tracer.

1 Like

Try the Motorcycle Service Centre on the Harrow Road:

2 Likes

Is he still at FWR?

The last I heard he was at Mike Dawson Racing. Although that information might be out of date.

1 Like

Aye I think he moved to MDR, but he does private jobs from home too.

1 Like

Will NW5 work for you?

If so, you need Maitland Racing. Old school tiny little shop run by father and son.

2 Likes

Thank you all very much for your input. I will be trying to get into contact with Mr Liddy tomorrow. Hopefully he will agree to do the work.

More confused why people would turn down the work

I have a giy that may come colloid bike. Riverside in Old Ford East London do okd bikes

1 Like

Big Jim’s rims in ealing

1 Like

Plus one for Maitland Racing, I have been using them for 40 years, Jeez where did that go.
Anyway Tony is a mine of information and totally honest. Prices reasonable and a reminder of how bike repair places used to be.

2 Likes

So often I’ve had little things done by them and when I ask how much I owe, Tony will just say ‘ah, we’re not charging for that’.

1 Like

Thank you all very much. It’s all booked in for next week at Big Jim’s. Hopefully have her running by next Wednesday to pop down to BM

1 Like

I’ve been using Motorcycle Service Centre since about 1986! Best bike shop in the NW area I now live near Alexandra Palace and I still go back there.