Me_groovy's top tip of the day. Jump on a bargain

Update. Took the wheels off, got a pair of BT016’s put on for a little track use but mostly road. Important thing is, they’re new.

Went to start the bike, starter’s seized. Repair kit on the way.

Oh and while I took the front wheel off, I noticed the front caliper seals are showing, so they need replacing too.

Gotta have something to keep you busy eh :slight_smile:

Starter repaired, spun up on the bench ok, same problem on the bike. Turns out someone put too small a battery in it, PTX9, should be a PTX12. Once I charged that off the wall, it started ok. Took it for a spin and the tyres are a big improvement!

Update. Charging circuit doesn’t appear to be working. AA on the way. At least I can enjoy my bling rim tape

Also, no tool kit to even get at the battery. Noob.

I thought your choice of recovery used to be an orange van not yellow ones.

Oh dear. Hope they recover you soon.

Somehow I imaged you wouldn’t go anywhere without a toolkit. Maybe a Kreiga bum-bag with a kit in next time?

Normally yes. But was only a short ride to make sure the brakes were ok

And were they?

Oh yeah, perfectly fine! New tyres are great too.

AA arrived in just under an hour. Bloke was explaining that bank holidays are actually really quiet for them.

Must be completely different for RAC then because one bank holiday I had to call them out they quoted my 4-5 HR wait.

My last AA experience was them telling me after 6 hours of waiting to get taxi home! (and I’m not making that up, it actually happened)

New battery fitted today. Looks like the previous owner recently fitted a new reg/rec.
The stator windings had some visible scorching on so I’ve ordered a new one of those and a new reg/rec to be on the safe side.

1 Like

Did they install new, or second hand items?

New.

i dont think he can remember that many years ago