Mattcbf60. Is he evil?

he he - it can’t be you Matt I didn’t build him a scooter…

m

Just coz you’re envious.

Oh it’s a Snow man

watch out bovverd peeps he will take away your sweets and treats!!!evily bovverd is he LOL LOL.XXX

all snow men are evil!! the movie jack frost jeeeez what would u actually do if a snow man started talking to you???

of course anyone who puts up their real (negative) opinions of matt will be banned straight away, as would anyone else who tried to put up a post like this.

lol of course!!! :slight_smile:

It’s to be expected of an evil dictator… also did you know that LB ACTUALLY makes several £1000 a year and that I squirrel it all away and spend it on women, drugs and beer. Also… I plan to take LB make it super famous, make lots of money then sell it to MCN and then run away to America to spend it all!

I love conspiracy theories :slight_smile:

Attachments

_squirrel.jpg

OK call me cynical…

1. discuss what… bitten by Salee (you know assumimg what we thought was asked…)

2. define “evil”

3. why?

Ann x

i don’t think he’s that evil…

Attachments

_matt joke.JPG

pmsl! that’s brilliant - can you print me one out I want to put that on my office wall!

m

I get the feeling people are losing touch with base camp…

…a bit…

maybe just not on your wave length …

lol Ann x

Perhaps not…

I have to question wether this is the best way to express your sincerity to people. Jo made her views known over fears for the sites future and all she has gotten in return is the mickey taken out of her, good job we all being grown up about this, hey!

To be honest though it seems at times that whatever is done it just isn’t enough.

Just thought I’d point this post out:

Not very ‘mature’, a bit like newbie night at the Ace?

Now I’ll shut up again and get back in my box.

okay… you know what… .I have actually tried to deal with this in a grown up way, in fact I sent a very long PM to Jo to explain what was happening with LB and to try an help with any questions that she may have - I even tried to talk to Jo at the Newbie meet - but was point blank ignored (very grown up) - so to set the matter straight a little about dealing with peoples concerns in a no piss take way - I’m going to take the unusual step of publishing a PM I sent to Jo a couple of weeks ago before the newbie meet when she expressed concern about the site. But it appears that taking the time to explain things, and offer an olive branch does not work…

It’s worth pointing out that I received no reply to the below PM, and was ignored at the Ace - if people really want to talk about LB and where it’s going and their concerns… then I will… if they just want to band conspiracy theories around and ignore genuine attempts to talk to them - then I’m afraid there’s very little I can do.

I think I’ll leave this matter here now and wont say anymore about it.

Jo,

I’ve been reading your posts with much interest over the last few days, and I want to take a moment to try and sort things out between us.

We’ve met a couple of times, I’ve bought you a drink and you’ve bought me a drink - on those occasions I thought we got on pretty well, and I liked you alot - I think Dan is very lucky to have you. I also respect you quite a bit - there are far too few people who will stick their hand in the air and have a go when they think things are wrong or just not right - anyone willing to stick their neck out and have a go is a pretty cool person.

I wanted to try and heal the situation between us, I really don’t understand how it has occurred… I have no ill feelings towards you at all, and would actually very much like to count you as my friend - in the same way I count Dan as a very dear friend.

When I joined LB I immediately saw a site that had huge potential, the kind of site that could grow and grow and become something good within our huge community in London - it’s not worth any money, and I doubt it ever will be - but it will achieve something that goes beyond money or anything else - a central boiling pot of ideas, conversation and bikers helping bikers - no matter what you ride, or where you live.

Actually that pretty much sums up where ‘we’ want LB to go - we feel very very strongly that members should never be charged for access to the community - which of course means that we have to seek funds in other ways. It would be easy for us to just charge members a small yearly fee that would cover all the costs of hosting and things - but we really don’t want to do that - it flies in the face of offering the community to everyone regardless of how much money you have.

Over the last year I’ve put in over £1000 of my own money, Jay several times that amount and yet we still don’t look to charge people for the site - but we do wish to try and get the site to a point where it is paying for itself - paying for the bandwidth and hosting (over 2gb per day) - and also for things like peoples transport to shows, show tickets, and in the end being able to subsidise the larger ride outs - wouldn’t it be great if we could pay for the Eurostar tunnel tickets for the next France ride? Making it more achievable for bikers who can’t afford to go on all the ride outs the members organise.

That means that we have to approach things differently - our Google adverts only raise £60 a month if we’re lucky - that’s half of the hosting costs, and no-where near what we need a month just to keep the site live. So we want to start selling our own adverts, it would be great if we could make some money from the tee-shirts and things… but all of that depends on having enough visitors to the site to make it worth while for advertisers to pay - we’re at that awkward stage at the moment of being too big for us to continue to pay for it ourselves - but not being quite big enough to attract good advertisers - so if we can all work together to make the site that little bit bigger - then we can start to get some cash in, and start to do all the cool things that I’ve talked about.

I want to be clear on this point - I have never seen LB being able to make any kind of real money - I also never see it being something that somebody would want to buy - in fact I am disgusted at the thought of selling LB - how on earth can you ‘sell’ a community of people - it’s just stupid… I believe in LB and I’m involved and I’m putting my hand in my pocket to pay for it because I know it can do amazing things, and be amazing things to many many people.

Since I’ve come on board, I’ve handed control of the forums over to an elected selection of members - the hosts - anything they want they get - they want to change the forums around, great we’ll do it - they want to organise a quiz night - they’ll get our total support and the cash from our own pockets to make it happen. I’ve reduced moderation, and made other changes that I think will help us grow - I’ve made mistakes, yes, but I hope that those mistakes become the tools that we use to make things better.

There’s no hidden agenda here - we don’t even have a business plan on how we’re going to get the site to pay for itself - we’re feeling our way in the dark - and I’m trying as hard as I can to make sure that it lives on for another two years, and doesn’t disappear because we’ve got too big and can’t afford the costs anymore.

In fact we’ve even dissolved the londonbikers.com Ltd company - it no longer exists, go check it out at companies house. The last ‘commercial’ legacy of Cezar has now been cut.

Charity wise - last year we, for all our efforts, we just about managed to raise about £500 - a little less actually - we’ll be handing this over to the LAA in feb - nice photos and things - but this year I want to do more and the hosts are already working hard on ideas to raise cash - quiz nights, voluntary donations at ride outs - that kind of thing.

I hope this rather long PM goes some way to explain what we’re doing, and where we want to go.

Jo - I don’t want to fall out with you - I never have - I hope that we can get together and have a coffee, talk and heal our friendship before it’s lost forever.

Matthew

well done matt!, I do feel that LB is moving onwards now and i hope all these petty differences between people can be forgotten.

Jesus, I really missed the boat on this one !!!

WTF ? so glad I did not reply to MAC’s question… I would have been led into a can of worms…

OK for me I do not agree with public humiliation for either Matt or the person named in the PM whch I have NOT read, I see what you were trying to acheive by posting it Matt, I for one choose not to get involved. I know nothing about what went on at the Newbie meet and frankly if it is in the past, hell why not leave it there. Let LB go forward if we do not like the site or the people at the bar then we can GTFO.

OK off soapbox

Ann x

Frankly I think this photo answers all questions about the level of my evilness…