Man and a van..

Well I went down south on Saturday, fun ride but bl00dy freezing! Had a good night out Saturday, went to head back on Sunday and after filling up with fuel, just about to make a quick phone call and a strange hissing sound is coming from the bike? Upon closer inspection I notice a chuffing great nail sticking out of the back tyre, dammit!

So a couple of phone calls and a wait at my mates house and the bike and I are being loaded into a SOS Motorcycle recovery van, 3 1/2 hrs after discovering the puncture I’m back at my place in SE London with a bike with a flat tyre. Work has just been far too busy this week to have time to do anything about it.

So I’m on the lookout for someone with a van who can help me transport the bike to FWR in Kennington to get the puncture fixed, hopefully on Saturday some time, any takers?

There’s petrol money and/or beer tokens on offer to any kind soul who can help out? :wink: :smiley:

would it not be easier to take the wheel off or am i missing something ?, if i was over your way i’d do it for you .

would it not be easier to take the wheel off or am i missing something ?, if i was over your way i’d do it for you .

First of all I don’t exactly have anywhere to take the wheel off and leave the bike with no back wheel, plus I don’t have a stand to sit it on in the first place, and then even once it’s off I’ll have to transport the wheel to FWR or another tyre place that I would trust to do a proper job repairing it without damaging the wheel, don’t really fancy taking it on the bus/tube/train?!?

Oh and Zeph, your alzheimers must be playing up again as you keep repeating yourself, or are you just trying to get your post count up?!? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

i will do it after stevewright has finished with the van [ if it is still driveable ] also can we take it to essential rubber easier to get to.

I won’t hold my breath having seen Steve ride his bike! :w00t:

Yeah sure Andy, that’s fine with me, cheers fella! :smiley: