Maintaince

Hi there boys and girls of the L’bkr crew, I have recently joined you band of brothers on a beautiful ZX6R 2000 j1. The bike has been a dream of my for a while and is an absolute joy to ride, however he lies my problem as I was never taught how to maintain it’s good looks it is starting to look a little rough around the edges which to a certain degree I can understand as I ride in all weather come rain or shine (beats the tube any day) but there are still things like chain work and sprockt work which I don’t have a scobby doo about… I have looked at you tube and there some great bids breaking it all down but there are always slight diffrences between my bike and theirs. So I guest what I am asking in a really long winded way is are there any courses or even a couple friendly bikers how don’t mind giving up part of a Sunday to go through it with me…

Cheers

Where are you, fella ?
My missus has got a J1, so I know my way around it fairly well… and I have a ZX-9 C2 which is the J1’2 bigger bro.I do all the maintenance on them, so can help out if you need it.

That would be brilliant I am based in East Finchley, North London. That would be great if you could do that for me and I’m sure I can sort you out with some cinder something (just notice your signituare). if you could let me know if and when is possible that would be great…

Cheers :slight_smile:

If you appreciate or can overlook religious overtones…

This is a pretty good site to use as a learning guide

It won’t be til new year, I’m afraid - I’m off to the far North east of Jockland next week :slight_smile:
I’ll give you a shout and we’ll sort summat out.Do you have tools ?

The best way to learn is to have a go yourself, well maybe on a very basic level to start, some stuff is just best left for the professionals!!:smiley: