Loud cans seem to be a safer but they are illegal

Personally i agree.

Aswell as sounding great They are alot safer for pedestrians and Motorists.

At least that way even if they cant see you, they’ll definatly know you are there.

True enough. No-one ever stepped out in front of either of my Moto Guzzis.

:slight_smile:

I think mine might just be a tad…illegal

I have a LOUD can on my Triumph T595 & it sounds amazing, on the negative side have to change it for track days.

i have a loud can which came with bike when i bouught it, but too paranoid to use it due to question regarding the insurance situation.

someone had told that if i were to come off and have an illigal pipe on the bike then the insurance would be void!

is this true guys?

Most insurance will be void if you don’t disclose anything about the vehicle or youself which will affect it.

ebike are pretty good as they have a section where you can declare performance upgrades like pipes, and state the performance gain.

actually mate that isn’t a problem

limit on a full noise day is 105db. mates with race bikes and full systems hit up to 104. my bike was 101db with customised slip-ons (i’ve actually since added some extra packing as it may actually be higher than that, and to reduce some of the reverb).

evening sessions are now 102 (reliably informed that primary reason is that cuts down on the racers testing in those sessions and makes it a bit less manic).

quiet days (often weekends) are 98db. I believe a standard r6 at full chat is in fact louder than this (altho the measurement is normally taken around 6k)

Jonesy’s mate Darryn running in bemsee set up a new r6 from the crate at Brands with a duff can from Arrow - the thing was like a straight through (it was supplied as race legal). apparently it was hitting well over 114db. when it went past on the cooper straight it was painful!

its pretty easy to pick up race cans with removeable baffles now anyway so if you were in trouble with the noise limit you could whack 'em back in

i’m not actually a fan of rediculously loud cans. think there is a line between loud that sounds ‘performance’ and loud that is just noise for the sake of it.

I’ve noticed in ur post that u hav Beowulf Warrior cans…i’m dying for a pair for my VTR1000 Firestorm (v-twin of course) I can get them for £357. D’you rekon I can get a pair cheaper.? Where did u buy yours from pls…if u don’t mind me asking?

cheers,

FIRESTORM02