Lorenzo and Marquez getting it together in 2019

Ducati rider Jorge Lorenzo has reached an agreement to join fellow MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez at Honda next year

https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/news/lorenzo-two-year-deal-honda-pedrosa-1044691/

So… someone is following :smiley:

Option 1: Lorenzo does well and HRC have a good secondary shot at the championship or at least more points for the constructors championship.

Option 2: Lorenzo is shit and HRC have eliminated one of Mark’s rivals. 

Either way, good call on their part. 

Fun extra fact, there’s only 3 riders in the whole of GP racing that have won at least 1 race for 3 different manufacturers. Lorenzo stands to join this group. Inevitably, he’ll win one race at some point. 

Option 1: Lorenzo does well and HRC have a good secondary shot at the championship or at least more points for the constructors championship.
Option 2: Lorenzo is shit and HRC have eliminated one of Mark's rivals. 
Either way, good call on their part. 
Fun extra fact, there's only 3 riders in the whole of GP racing that have won at least 1 race for 3 different manufacturers. Lorenzo stands to join this group. Inevitably, he'll win one race at some point. 
me_groovy
If you're going to lay down a fun fact, at least elaborate... I don't have time to be googling today*.. :D

*I do, but cant be bothered

I just want to see Dani Pedrosa on a Yamaha. I am sure he will be able to beat Lorenzo and leave quite a few riders in his wake.  He is the right type of rider for that bike…

Sorry it was 4, had to go digging to find the tweet. 

In 70 years of GP racing only 4 riders have won premier-class races on 3 different makes of machinery: 

Hailwood (Norton/MV/Honda, 1961-1967), 

Mamola (Suzuki/Yamaha/Honda, 1980-1987), 

Lawson (Yamaha/Honda/Cagiva, 1984-1992) 

Capirossi (Yamaha/Honda/Ducati, 1996-2007)

Here’s another fun fact:

The one brand that all these winners have in common is Honda…

Most GP wins: Honda (755 wins), Yamaha (501 wins), Aprilia (294 wins), MV Agusta (275 wins). Quite amazing for MV considering they haven’t competed since 1975.

I cant wait to see them know each other off .