Looking for volunteers (bikers) for a YouTube video!

Hi there!

I wonder if anyone on this forum would like to take a part in the production of a YouTube video about Motorcycling community in London and this hobby in general, or knows someone else who would?

A small note for the Mod: I want to make it clear that I didn't come here to advertise anything, ask for something illegal, etc. I also won't mention any brand names without your permission.

A tiny bit about me: I am a Videographer working for a magazine which is about London/Londoners/Lifestyle/etc. We are currently launching a series of videos about the different hobbies of Londoners, and we think that we can convince a part of our audience to join you!

And just in case - I am not a complete stranger, I was interested in this topic for many years now, even though I don’t have a bike currently :disappointed:

We’d like to cover as many different types of motorcycles as possible, so everyone is welcome! But we definitely need to show at least a sportbike and some classics too, because other people are probably familiar with these types, and if we only hear from maxi-scooter and enduro owners, it might not work so well…

There are a lot of similar videos on the Internet already, but most of them don’t focus on details that really matter and what makes biking experience so unique. 90% of the content is just plain footage of some group ride, which is boring for the audience (IMHO). What I want to do is to try to transfer the feeling of being on a ride through sound, texture and dynamics.

So, our plan on shots for this part of the video is to film the bikes, the bikers, their equipment, the bikes revving, the bikes moving, and maybe things like a short burnout. Or even some short interviews, if we are lucky!

If you are interested, please tell a little bit about yourself as a biker and/or post a photo or two, or send a link to your SM profile, or recommend a friend. Of course, we will mention everyone in the credits, and this forum as well!

And it would be great if you also mention your approximate location and the times when you are usually available for this kind of activity. Cheers!

Might be cool if you share some of your socials and work too so people can see a bit more about you and your work

2 Likes

This is going to be our first project of this kind, so static street footage and product shots won’t give you any idea of what we want to do :thinking:

But it might give an idea of who you are and if people want to work with you.

2 Likes

Let me spell it out for you. No one knows who you are and you are providing no evidence.

So anyone sensible would think - “Why would I go and visit a complete stranger, in a place of his choice, with my gorgeous highly valuable bike”

You have no posting history. So people simply won’t engage unless they believe you are legit. Period.

2 Likes

Ok, I get it now :laughing:

I really didn’t want it to look like some sort of an ad or a commercial project, but if it ended up looking so suspicious, here is our website co convince you:

You can also find my other photo on our Instagram page, if someone is in doubt that I’m an actual member of the team.

1 Like

How about visiting Ace cafe n on a Friday night

3 Likes

Hi all

Gonna bump this thread with a short clip from Ace Cafe. Been a bit late to the party and it was a bit quiet that time… Anyway, I will be visiting this place on Fridays for the next few weeks!