London to Edinburgh trip - thoughts?

As others have said, get the train.  I’d have a look at the Caledonian Sleeper, get on the train at night, wake up in Edinburgh.

Why limit yourself to the Motorway network? I’d take the 250 and experience some roads I don’t get to ride too often.

Example - Motorway it to Squires Cafe for lunch as we do. Then head up to Ripon and across the Yorkshire Dales via Masham, Leyburn, Hawes and Sedburgh to Kendal. From Kendal follow the A6 to Carlisle then the A7 to Edinburgh.

If I were to entertain such a boring journey, I’d only do so bieng wired for sound.

Why limit yourself to the Motorway network? I'd take the 250 and experience some roads I don't get to ride too often.

Example - Motorway it to Squires Cafe for lunch as we do. Then head up to Ripon and across the Yorkshire Dales via Masham, Leyburn, Hawes and Sedburgh to Kendal. From Kendal follow the A6 to Carlisle then the A7 to Edinburgh.

National Treasure
How much does that way add to the already long journey?

Because he’s only got four days and wants to “explore Edinburgh”? Just on motorways that’s getting on a 10 hour journey. Getting up by anything remotely interesting’s going to want a day and a half each way at least, more if you want it to actually be a nice time.

Why does it have to be Edinburgh? If you want to ride pick a circular trip you CAN do in the time, with scenery. 

Doubt anywhere outside London will have heard of Anzac Day though

How much does that way add to the already long journey? WildBoy
Ignoring Googles 8h 41 min the total route will probably take 10 hours including fuel stops, refreshment and comfort breaks.

really? going straight past the kirkdale pass?

really? going straight past the kirkdale pass? me_groovy

In real life going straight past The Kirkstone Pass too, which should be done on another day in conjunction with 13 lakes

I would do the east coast route

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-hms-vf-gb&source=android-browser&q=edinburgh+anzac&gfe_rd=cr&ei=5VYFV4O1MYjBaP6GpjA Edinburgh anzac