London Bikers Club MSV Trackday Round 3

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

BRANDS HATCH GRAND PRIX CIRCUIT
WEDNESDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER

CALL MARK AT CLUB MSV ON 0843 453 3000 AND QUOTE “LONDON BIKERS” TO BOOK

IF THE GROUP HITS FIVE RIDERS - A GARAGE IN THE PIT-LANE WILL BE RESERVED FREE OF CHARGE
IF THE GROUP HITS TEN RIDERS - A DOUBLE GARAGE WILL BE RESERVED AND EVERYONE WILL GET A 10% DISCOUNT

STANDARD PRICE - £169 - http://ww2.clubmsv.co.uk/bike-home/event-details.aspx?productid=1554

(DISCOUNT ALSO APPLIES TO ANY ADDITIONS SUCH AS LEATHER HIRE OR INSTRUCTOR SESSIONS)

Hey everyone,

After reading different comments and speaking to Stuart on the phone today, it seems as if everyone had a great time on the 30th July at Brands Hatch (even if a couple of riders did end up in the gravel!).

It would be great to organise another event, especially for those riders that wern’t able to make it on the previous days.

Are you up for another at Brands Hatch or fancy trying out another MSV Circuit?

Bedford Autodrome is a great circuit for beginners and isn’t too far away.

Heading up to a circuit like Snetterton or Cadwell Park could be a great opportunity for a road trip!

Let me know if you have any ideas or opinions and we’ll start looking into some options.

Cheers,

Mark

Have they relaxed the noise limit there. :slight_smile: Last time I was there it was a right pain having passed the noise test and still kept getting the sessions stopped as the drive by noise was to much when two or more bikes were together in the same corner.

Do you still have to park in the main paddock and get the bus back to the track?

The noise limit at Bedford Autodrome is still 101db static and 87.5db drive-by. We aren’t aware of any on-going problems with the drive-by limit on bike trackdays…what date were you last there?

The same procedure is still in place in that if you are transporting your bike to the venue using a van or trailer, these will need to be moved to the designated parking area outside of the track prior to the start of the event. In either case, we operate a shuttle service for all riders to and from the briefing.

Can’t see me going to Bedford in that case.

i was up there the other day, i was impressed with the size of the track even if they did want to charge people watching £7.50 for being there!! But after a chat and as it was late in the day the girls and staff where really nice and let me go over with them and say hello to Rob and even had a coffee.

I would be keen to ride the track as it looks much better than i expected. But not sure it will compare to snetterton. Shame i cannot do any track days until next year, really made made me miss it!

I think, to get around the drive by problem, they’ve tended to cone the section of the track so that only one or two riders can get through in one go and that prevents the combined noise tripping the sensor.

At least, that’s what they did when I was there near the end of July.

It’s a nice track and ideally located for me but charging to have friends and family along to watch and, as I remember it, not allowing them in garages is a bit poor.

It also helped increase my confidence in left handers :slight_smile:

Yea, that’s the only negative…due to the nature of the circuit and having less armco barriers etc it means that the pit-lane area and spectator capacity has to be restricted. The fact it does have less barriers and more run off areas makes it great for novices though and car drivers doing How Fast sessions etc.

Fancy another Brands Hatch day instead? How about having a go on the full GP Loop?

Mark,

Thanks Mark, bedord sounds interesting, but also when is the Full GP day again?

There are two more listed on the calendar…

Thursday 30th August - £219 (3 Groups, 7 x 20 minute sessions)

Wednesday 12th September - £169 (4 Groups, 5 x 20 minute sessions)

http://www.clubmsv.com/bike-home/news/brands-hatch-grand-prix

Cheers,

Cheers Mark :slight_smile: the 30th might work, just need a few more days to think about it. Not sure if I can get 10 on here to stump up for it though… :slight_smile:

No problem :slight_smile:

You might be surprised, they’re the only two full GP days left on the calendar…they’ve had lots of interest so far.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Definitely agree with this. I totally failed to make a corner but because of the track layout I was actually able to go straight back on and rejoin, when the traffic was clear. I did feel a pratt though.

What were everyone’s thoughts on the GP day? Just keeping an eye on spaces etc…

Thanks for keeping an eye on the places :slight_smile: For me it will be a last minute decision unfortunately…so think a group booking will be a difficult call…

I’m definitely up for one last track day this year. I’ve done Brands Indy twice already, so don’t really want to do it again, but Brands GP would interest me…

Sounds good, do you think you’d be able to gather enough people for a group booking to get a discount?

Out of interest what would be more appealing to you, seven 20 min sessions for £219 or five 20 min sessions for £169?

No, I’d be amazed if we found 10 people for it… :frowning:

Hmm, wouldn’t mind too much on how many sessions. Of the two full days I’ve done, neither did I do all seven sessions, so I don’t know how taxing it could be.

For me the 4 group format is not as appealing, I have done one and found the gap between sessions too long, and could follow the things I learnt in each session. Also if a couple of sessions get red flagged then you get scuppered.

Although I have always done all 7 sessions in a 3-group…

Ok, no problem…let’s see what we can do.

We’ve got a decent amount of spaces for the 12th September GP day at Brands Hatch.

I’ll reserve some spaces for LB if you’re interested in booking up and getting a discount.

£152.10 (including the discount) would be great value for a full day on the Grand Prix circuit!

Anyone up for coming along?