Lock down projects

Nice. What kind of dust extractor is that? A hoover or a dedicated tool extractor?

It’s both. I have a Festool medium size hoover with a power take off. I use it for general site hoovering and also plug my power tools in to it so when I start the sander/ track saw/ chop saw etc it starts up immediately on it’s own to extract the dust. Very useful bit of kit. Being Festool the bags are expensive.

1 Like

Are you my cousin Simon?

Not heard of Festool before and wow, I’ve just had a look and boy they’re expensive. A small extractor would be nice for the new workshop though.

It’s good stuff but way overpriced, bit of a magnet for thieves. My usual go to with tools is Makita, great quality and sensible prices mostly.

Not that I’m aware of :smiley:

I only ask because he also took up leather work.

And made this.

4 Likes

Nice work! I recognise that hat pattern…

1 Like

Not sure if this counts as a project, but I have finally learned how to solve a Rubik’s cube.

By no means a speed cuber though!

5 Likes

Well it took three days longer than I promised but my ‘project’ is done :joy:

7 Likes

Nice tiling there Bigty. Not an easy job.

Been on my knees in the cold and wet digging out a blocked drain. Got about five kilos of dirt, stones and building materials out of there. Was overflowing before. Urgh.

Good job you spotted that, with all this rain

Yep, that is a horrible smelly, and grotty job. But does have to be done.

We have some localised flooding round here, and more heavy rain could make life interesting.

1 Like

I bet that was draining

2 Likes

Someone’s not going to be happy with the mess you made of her wall! :upside_down_face:

My lock down project for the weekend. I’ll finish off tomorrow morning.

4 Likes

Android 10 running on a 7 year old tablet (nexus 7)

3 Likes

Making a mock up pannier liner bag for the beast. Might get my sister to make the real things when I’ve got the size/ shape right.

3 Likes

Now thats really outside my skill set