Line the scroats up and get the bullets out

Dries really sorry to hear about this, hope you’re okay. I know what you’re going through as I had more than my fair share of similar incidents when I was younger. Sounds like you did well to see them off. Rest assured that what goes around comes around and they will get it back in spades probably sooner rather than later. Cowards.

That’s terrible. How absolutely cowardly - they need a whole group of people, all giving it the big 'un, to get some cash off one guy out for a run.

It just makes me so angry. :angry:

Mate i’m sickened to hear this makes my blood boil…little b@stards i bet your in shock right now but don’t let them get you down. you would’nt believe it but steve got “happy slapped” couple of years back and it made him so wary of teens for a while,Can you try and find yourself a running partner as these scum won’t dare start on 2 people…

Hope you heal quick

If i lived near you mate id be your running partner, id bring the german shepherd too :smiley:

dude thats awful…not much you can do when out numbered…and kids in london these days are carrying weapons often.

i think even with that in mind i would have reacted, go for the biggest one, hit him fugging hard, make him scream. :angry:

defo try start running with another person from now on.

What an awful experience, hope you are ok
A sad reflection of society these days, and this type of thing happens all to often

You’re 100% right. Although what you said is very rare to see in Singapore. My dad lives there and I visit ever couple of months and have never seen something similar. Although some of the punishments you can recieve seem harsh at first glance, they can all be justified. The first law I noticed when entering the country was “Death for drug traffickers under Singapore law” on the immigration card as I was filling it out. Although that at first seemed a bit far fetched when I actually got into Singapore and looked around, I could see how effective the laws actually were.

People getting a slap on the wrist doesn’t do anything. I would love to see capital punishment be put back into play, see the **** get exactly what they deserve. Any kind of unprovoked violence shouldn’t be taken lightly by the courts and should result in an immediate prison term not a 20quid fine.

Sadly none of this is very likely to happen. Crime is going to continue to increase and these cowards will continue to get away with more and more. All I can hope for is they get what is coming to them. What they really need is a taste of their own medicine.

Glad your not to badly injured though driesie and hope the **** get what’s coming to them in the near future.

Thanks all.

I’m ok, just angry.
As said, it could have been a lot worse and the first thing I thought off when it happened was to look out for blades.

Thinking about it now, I think of my Krav Maga classes and think if I could have done anything else. My teacher always said the best defense is to be able to run really quickly, which is quite hard when 6-8 people are kicking you in the face. The other thing he’d always says is to behave like a lunatic and make a lot of noise. Didn’t think of it at the time, but I now realise that’s what happened. As soon as I did something they weren’t expecting they ran of. F**king cowards, that’s all it is. And yes, I believe what goes around comes around and one day they’ll pick the wrong guy or girl (one of the other 2 they attacked today was a lady) and I bloody hope they will.

Pain killers doing their job at the moment, so not feeling too bad :slight_smile:

I hope you are feeling better today.

Slightly off the subject but I hope this doesn’t put you off training for your marathon.

Are you going to be doing it on behalf of a charity?

I’m sure many of us will want to donate;)

:smiley: Good call…

Caught some git wrecking cars and bikes for fun (mirrors pulled off kicking bikes over etc etc) and I challenged him while my GF called the Police. He thought about having a go but decided I was too big for him so took off…I chased him but he got away. This was at 3 am after a party and I was dressed as a very large chicken (still wearing the head too)…Cops piss1d themselves laughing when they arrived:D:D

Oh man, really very sorry mate.:frowning: Makes you wanna fight fire wi’fire dont’it!:angry:

the punishment is very rightfull harsh!!! laws may have changed a little, i dont know!! but i recall seeing signs DO NOT cross road here and as for spitting on the pavement!!! god help!!! so as far as assault or gbh goes LOOK OUT :w00t:

Thanks. Not feeling too bad today.

It’s certainly not put me off. In fact, I’m off finishing yesterday’s run in a bit. Training is hard, I’ve never been very good at running, but ever since my dad ran a marathon when I was a kid I wanted to do one, so to get a place in London now (was hoping it’d be a couple of years before I got a space) and not finish it would be very embarrassing.

I’m not sure what I’ll do regarding charity. I’ve got a ballot place so I don’t “need” to collect any money and I know how hard it is for people who buy places from Charities (some will charge up to £1200 for a place), so I don’t want to “compete” against them. On the other hand, it’d be nice to do my bit and if I’ll be running for a charity it’ll be a non-official one, probably one of the smaller or less popular. London Air Ambulance and Serv are 2 I consider at the moment.
I need to find out if there are any rules regarding sponsorship etc, but one thing I have been considering is to auction of space on my running shirt to print whatever people want.

Mate, so sorry to hear this, but so glad that they were not tooled up and that you got away with out getting too much of a kicking, but I know how you feel mate, two of my mates got done over off old street, one stabbed 8 times, the other 6 times, in what was the worst night of my life. :frowning:

I must admit, when I’m out and about and see groups of youths I’ll cross the other side of the road or whatever because you just never know what’ll happen.

The other week I phoned our neighbourhood watch team, and a few days later the neighbourhood watch coppers came around to have a chat to me, a few people had phoned them about a group of youths who have been congregating at a bus stop, which normally wouldnt bother me, as I did it when I was that age, but what bothered me was they were constantly scribbling and defacing the bus shelter with BNP slogans which really gets my blood boiling… but they were sound, they’ve stepped up patrols and for the past few weeks and there’s been no sign of the youths and no more undesireable graffiti.

I just hope that the local people are able to call the police to dispurse the groups, and I hope that the authorities respond to the local people calling them.

Keep on running mate… I’m training for a half in Sepetember…its getting painful! :smiley:

Sorry to hear it mate, I really hope these kids get what is coming to them.

Scum!! nothing but Scum!!

Makes me so angry to hear things like this.

im sorry to hear that m8…hope those f***ers get wot they deserve.

I’m training for a half a lager…its getting painful! :smiley:
[/quote]
you lightweight kelv :D:Das other have said dressie try and get a running partner, and glad you not too badly hurt mate

Sick cowards :angry:

PS Sorry was so angry reading and writing a reply forgot to say hope ur ok:doze: