Lidl be doing bike stuff on the 23rd

Anyone pick any gear up then? I got the tank bag. Hopefully it holds up well as others have said. Also picked up the flip-up lid in silver, not for me but a frequent pillion.

Had a quick look but everything looks much poorer quality than the good stuff of 3-4 years ago. Especially the waterproof jackets/trousers.

You lot are so tight :stuck_out_tongue: Whatever next? Having your trousers repaired so you can get another 3 years out of them when they are on their last legs?

Going on Sat to take a look… for some reason I Thought the 23rd was saturday! :frowning:

With a stapler:P

Not sure about this now, it seems the staples can cause damage to some of the material around - perhaps in the washing machine. Might need a new solution next time :crazy:

Socks …

Mrs Art splashed out and got me a single pair of socks!

Zips on my tankbag went too, BOTH of them. Went on my trip around Europe, managed to sew and duct-tape one side which lasted one way and the other side gave up the ghost on the way back. Not heavy use by any stretch of the imagination!

Bought the cover, plan to cover up the new bike when parking in town from now on.

picked up a pair of boots for 25 notes.

seem ok so far and fit better than a lot that sell for 100 +.

Aldi are getting in on the act too from Thursday.

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/offers_week09Thursday12.htm

It’s at the bottom of the page, don’t get distracted by the chicken legs! :slight_smile:

well got myself a tankbag and a base layer… tank bag seems decent enough though with the zips you can never tell!

Mrs J did the same thing for me.:smiley:

They still love us …

Mrs Art recalled I’d mentioned having cold feet riding to and from Portsmouth recently. Well it was 3am and -8°C by the time I arrived back at the ranch, the wind chill was x!&*@#4 cold.

Mrs J said I had a cold knob so two socks sould do the trick.:slight_smile:

Buy cheap, buy twice :wink:

How many socks do you need to make yer knob feel warm?