Liberty MCT threatened to use my card details to silence my complaints: Is this legal?

Shocking behaviour from a business. I would put all the details, including any responses to emails, and photos of the text messages you received together into a formal letter to the Driving Standards Agency. Although they probably won’t/can’t do much (as it’s a contractual & customer service matter as opposed to deficiencies with the training/testing per se), it might at least put them on the DSA’s radar, and further complaints from dissatisfied trainees might cost them their DSA approval… probably the best thing that could happen by the sound of it.

I would also write a formal letter to Visa/MasterCard/Maestro (whichever one you used), informing them of Liberty’s threats to fraudulently debit your card, and attach the evidence as above. I’m sure these card organisations wouldn’t look too kindly on a merchant threatening to defraud customers :ermm:

Moved to correct section.

I suspect anyone considering using them will go elsewhere once they’ve read the T&C’s.

The glowing testimonials seem to have similar grammatical errors to the text in the rest of the website.:ermm:

Apparently all use the same spelling checker :wink:

Glad you got a whole refund back!

They get great Google reviews…:Whistling:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=liberty+motorcycle+training&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&gws_rd=cr&ei=CjgfU4u8ObCw7Abtt4H4CA#channel=sb&q=liberty+motorcycle+training+review&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&lrd=lrd

Couldn’t they have just called the DVLA there and then and read out the license number to them? They can then say whether or not it is a valid UK license. Car hire firms do this about a thousand times a day.
Mind, if they’re too thick to understand the UK logo on it, maybe there are quite a few road signs they don’t understand either so you may have been safer in the car park. Idiots.

Well done on sticking it to them!

lol I know this is a resurrected post but!

has no one here even clocked the key comment or have I missed something?

He was doing a CBT right? you do not need to have a driving license to do a CBT!!

they sound like jokers to me (actually clearly they are)…

you do need a licence, but don’t need to have passed a test.

Lol really? you learn something new everyday

Only a UK Provissional Driving Licence

Liberty Motorcycle Training in Southall was it?

If so, they’re selling a Yamaha TW 125 on Ebay (auction ends on 27th July). Time for some spurious questions! :wink:

(Username: Liberty-Motorcycle-Rider-Training) (100% rating?!)

Just asked them…

Hi
If I bid and win this item and wish to pay by credit-card, will you threaten to steal more money from my card than the winning bid amount? It’s just that I’ve heard that this is how you work at Liberty and wouldn’t want to be ripped off.
Thanks

Hahaha that’s them!!

I had a look at their feedback and it’s 100% because they have been buying stuff, not selling :joy:

I also read the description on the Yamaha TW, “NO NO NO NO NO” !