Learner friendly rides from London

Get out and explore … make a note of roads you like then find ways to join them or a note of the roads to give a wide berth . Could recommend countless roads but its my personal take and opinion of what makes that road great. … it may not suit you . If you get google tracking enabled on phone you can look at were you’ve been and plan round that for next time … having a set route is ok but if you dont know whats around there … diversions or wrong turns can get stressful or annoying if you have to keep pulling over to renavigate .

.... you have to keep pulling over to renavigate . TimR
You've been out with Mr J then ;-)

Oi that’s a bit unfair - Sunday we only had one renavigate and that was cos of a road closure. 

We know someone who could not find their own house even with a satnav but of course won’t mention that, ho hum.   (We need the whistling emoticon back)

Fair point well made

Wow you were not wrong about “which GPS” causing quite a stir haha!  I have done some research based on everyone’s input and decided that a TomTom is a bit too pricey(spent all my money on the bike) for now, however the TomTom Rider is so sweet and is in the xmas list!  Thanks NT! :)  For now I have a paper map, Wize and GoogleMaps, and my waterproof phone and my bad sense of direction.  TimR, I surely will get out and get lost, best adventure.  I downloaded an app called GreatestRoad to log all my rides(not including the ride to work)…be funny to see how many small circles it records hahaha