LB Visits Lakeside Hammers Speedway!

This was something new for us, and really cool. We had a great time. I can’t wait for the next event! Hopefully next time both rideouts can get to the event on time :slight_smile:

Thanks to Toby for getting the track-side shots I totally missed. Next time I think one of our incredible-duo can come and shoot for us and get results from the dark and fast conditions!

Gallery:

Not entirely convinced that’s necessary man. You and Tobe seem to have produced the goods. Mike’s porta-sun would simply blow the riders off their bikes and blind the audience while mine seems to havea mind of it’s own (something to do with the rain at the weekend… )

It would be a blast and I’ve always fancied it but you guys should come too just in case hehe.

Porta-Sun, lol. No, I don’t think that would be appropriate. We were given very clear and specific instructions on what flash photography can be used, due to the nature of the Speedway lighting system the riders used. No AF-assist (red beams) could be used and Flash should be kept to a reasonable level on the infield. No flash of any kind on the perimeter.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, heh.

any bsb pics coming up folks??

WAS A WICKED NITE REALLY ENJOY IT.

ANYMORE SPEEDWAY DAYS COMING UP JAY?

Yeah man two galleries are uploaded with the rest uploading as we speak. Pics are 4-5mb each x 3-400 from each of us means long uploads and gallery creation.

They’ll be worth the wait… :slight_smile:

That’s the plan. Lakeside Hammers want us to come back soon and a club from the conference ( a couple of divisions below lakeside) are also keen to get us along so more speedway to come:)

I HAVE HEARD ITS ON EVERY TWO WEEKS.

MAY HAVE TO POP DOWN THERE NEXT FRIDAY

cool :cool:

not everybody finishes work at 4pm on a friday some like myself dont finish till 6.30pm, not a mega problem for me this side of london but from the west side it is for others.

It’s not to bad. I work near the leatherhead turn off of the M25 - worked till 5:15 got there at 6:15 even working later I’d have made the start time of 8PM - however agreed the further west you go the harder it is and trying to make it through London would add on time too.

Next time it might be better for people to head straight to the venue - it’s well sign posted and the guys on the door let us in without a problem

:slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to going back. Now we’ve taken an ‘exploratory’ squad over there, we should have no problem getting more interest drummed up and a bigger number along. Andy, that wasn’t a dig, sorry if it sounded that way. I appreciate that not all of us finish work early. I don’t either.