LB Charity Efforts 2008/2009

I’d like to keep you updated on the Charity efforts over the past year, I know there hasn’t been an update for along time so I’m taking it upon myself to let you all know what’s been raised and from where.

Since the last handover of money to LAA at Borough Market early last year we have raised:

£34.00 from the Roy Memorial photo cd donations.
£55.00 Brands Ride donations.
£360.00 from the BBQ
£50.00 from the France & Brighton Rides cd donations.
£2000.00 from the Xmas Party/Auction 2008

£2500.00 is a very tidy sum to help towards the cost of running the London Air Ambulance, everyone should be proud of themselves for helping towards achieving this.

We will be arranging an evening handover with LAA, probably at Borough Market for everyone to attend but will post up when we have a definite date and time regarding this.

I’d also like to thank the members who have done their own events and collected for the LAA directly.

We are constantly trying to think of ways to raise the amount we collect through LB for the LAA each year, the easiest and most profitable for LAA is from all the rides that are arranged through the forum…last year we asked for a donation of £1 from each rider who attends one of the rides… Of course this is not obligatory and is a ‘voluntary donation’.

We would really appreciate if anyone arranging a ride out would consider doing this for us, if so when you’ve collected the donation you could pass it onto myself so I can log the entry and bank the money. I will then make sure there is a thread for each event where money has been raised and also at least a quarterly report on how funds are progressing so everyone on the site can see what’s what, it’s just one of many ways to raise a small amount that soon mounts up over time. :wink:

[quote]
GSXRAng (02/04/2009)

I’d like to keep you updated on the Charity efforts over the past year, I know there hasn’t been an update for along time so I’m taking it upon myself to let you all know what’s been raised and from where.

Since the last handover of money to LAA at Borough Market early last year we have raised:

£34.00 from the Roy Memorial photo cd donations.
£55.00 Brands Ride donations.
£360.00 from the BBQ
£50.00 from the France & Brighton Rides cd donations.
£2000.00 from the Xmas Party/Auction 2008

£2500.00 is a very tidy sum to help towards the cost of running the London Air Ambulance, everyone should be proud of themselves for helping towards achieving this.

We will be arranging an evening handover with LAA, probably at Borough Market for everyone to attend but will post up when we have a definite date and time regarding this.

I’d also like to thank the members who have done their own events and collected for the LAA directly.

We are constantly trying to think of ways to raise the amount we collect through LB for the LAA each year, the easiest and most profitable for LAA is from all the rides that are arranged through the forum…last year we asked for a donation of £1 from each rider who attends one of the rides… Of course this is not obligatory and is a ‘voluntary donation’.

We would really appreciate if anyone arranging a ride out would consider doing this for us, if so when you’ve collected the donation you could pass it onto myself so I can log the entry and bank the money. I will then make sure there is a thread for each event where money has been raised and also at least a quarterly report on how funds are progressing so everyone on the site can see what’s what, it’s just one of many ways to raise a small amount that soon mounts up over time. :wink:

[/quote

Thanks for the update Ang, 2500 is a tidy sum :slight_smile:

I’ll add its a £1, in me post to go on the friday night rideouts that I arange and to hand it to you :wink:

That’s very kind of you Terry, it doesn’t mean you donate the £1 that would buy me my cuppa ya tight wad, ok :D:P

I really emphasize that it’s a donation and at no time would anyone be frowned upon for not donating :slight_smile: (Apart from Terry) :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s great stuff Ang, thanks!

£2,500 is a really good amount to have raised in the middle of a recession. After seeing the LAA land outside my house last week, it re-affirms what an amazing job they do, and how vital it is. I don’t think we could have chosen a better charity for our official one if we’d have tried (hang on, we did…)

ermmm any news on when the handover is gonna be…still waiting for cheque to come out my account

Curtis how much did you manage to raise… was there a cheque sent directly to one of the staff here, if so how much was it for.

We are liaising with LAA, it has to be a convenient time for them to attend, I’m sure either myself or MacP will post up as soon as a date is finalised.

I’ve had a few people say this recently. Your cheques were made payable to LAA and until the handover they won’t be cashed.

Thing is there is an expiry date for cheques, they have to be presented within a time frame this is why I ask to know what’s where and with whom as I’m supposed to be logging it.

You have 6 months from date of signing. Most cheques weren’t recieved until February.

All payments have been logged and put on a spreadsheet as I’m sure you are aware.

I asked Curtis as I thought he was referring to his parachute jump in his first post as this was about money collected through those sort of events. Totally forgot about the Auction as, yes, that is listed separately, and yes, I do have a copy of it. :slight_smile:

Well done everyone thats a great amount raised lets hope it can be improved upon this year :slight_smile:

i raised £353 for the jump but that had to be sentdirectlyt the laa, yea i was asking about the auction :slight_smile:

+1

Well done LB!

any news of when this handover is happening. ?

thanks

Yes I have spoken to them today, we are just waiting for LAA to come back with a convenient date/time

thank you.