LB Blood Donation @ Cubana?

I can take the pain of being tattoeed, what I can’t take is the humiliation of fainting at the North Blood transfussion centre.

Does a blood transfusion include a transfusion of plasma? Presumably… yes? :confused:

dancbr600rider: If it helps to pursuade you, you will get a biscuit, a cup of orange squash and a little lie down afterwards. AND, if you’re lucky, maybe a cute nurse to rub your hand…

Last time i gave blood I had all that, an unscheduled lie down on the floor (Thats from lieing down on the littel bed / couch thing) woke up / come to and I was surrounded by nurses.

Yes I am a wuss, when I get any tattoo’s done I have to be constantly eating sweets or drinking full fat coke to prevent my blood sugar dropping.

In principle I would, though I am a real chicken in the last minute I always bottle out. Not sure I’d want to ride my bike after??? If people promise to hold me down (hand holding won’t do) I’ll try!!

Good stuff Andrea. That’s 5, I’ll arrange the hunky rugby team mob to hold you to the table.

im up 4 it but night time in the week will b a problem as i work nights

Lol, just don’t let me see the needle.

Good man Steve, can I call that a confirm? It doesn’t mean any commitment just now, but it would mean that if we got this off the ground your vote would be considered in where when and how we did it. Ta

DOn’t worry Andrea, I’m just like you, I hate the needle too, but if you don’t see it going in, you don’t fear it. We’ll all be there for ya!

If this is at the Ace then I will be up for it .

sorry tobi. used to be a donor but since diagnosed with diabetes i havent been allowed…but am up for going along and holding a few of you lot down and let dracula have his fill…

This topic has been moved, this is due to one of several reasons.

1 - The topic is not relevant to the thread in which it was placed.
2 - The topic has become more relevant to another thread.

If you have any questions about this automated reply please email [email protected], no correspondence will be entered into about the specific reason for moving this thread, but if you have a complaint it will be addressed within 7 days.

I will do it too, I was thinking about it some time ago. We never know when we need blood, accidents happened

I take a terrible blood test but if its at the Ace I’ll do it

Ok if its at the Ace… permission pending and all that… Theres alot of businesses with potential donors working there, give them the info im sure you’ll find yourself a few more people.

Ok guys, as a regular piercee and bad donor, it’s only 6 months between piercings or tattoos and giving blood, you just have to let them know.

I’m not sure I can give, coz of my medication, sorry Toby, great idea though. Lemme know when it is and I’ll come down for moral support…

and to make sure there’s no cute nurses trying to nick anyone’s boyfriends

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, animals, beasts and Joezx12r

Huge thanks to any and all offers, of blood help and moral assistance.

We’ve got loads of people lined up already and hopefully we can convince more, so spread the words and get yourself, your mates, your family, your neighbours, their dogs and even your worst enemy invovled. GOod causes all round. Etc., etc. etc.

So far we have Provisional commitments from:
Me (duh)
Keti
Lustfish (great name by the way)
Matt CBF600 - Last seen on a pizza moped!
Andrea
zephy steve
niceday
TCD
Karen
and The Quiet One

Good on ya’s.

Thanks also to the hundreds that have listed support, interest and offers of assistance and velcro strapping to hold down the chickens before we bleed em dry. Joe,

Also all the helpful suggestions. I will be contacting the Ace to find out if we can make a big thing of it, but as that’s quite official, please don’t tell everyone “We’re gonna do it at the Ace”, cos Ihaven’t even mentioned anything to them yet. I don’t want them to hear a third party rumour before we’ve approached them officially. Thanks all.

JUST ONE MORE THING. This isn’t a finish to this idea. We still need masses and masses of people willing to bleed for totally random strangers under controlled conditions. So please keep your eyes peeled, metion the idea to mates, and get them to get in touch. If I can’t get the numbers, this is just a glorified excercise in typing which would be a normal day, but a bit of a waste of time really, so keep spreading the word all!

And one last thanks to the community that Jay, Foxy and Cezar have built hear cos without them, I’d never have reached you lot…although you’re probably wishing that was the case right now.

Don’t forget this thread you lot!

Tobi, this is a brilliant idea! I am willing to donate. I have no idea if my blood is any good, but I would have thought so, no illnesses or medication. I will make this thread sticky. So what’s the deal with riding after donating, is there a minimum period to enforce, i.e. an hour, or two?

Much obliged Jay,
Thanks for the support.

There are NOo hard enforced rules about riding after donating. That’s why they only take 1 pint, so you can still function normally when you leave their care.

I have donated 3 times and ridden away 10 minutes later with no ill effects and no dizziness or probs. HOWEVER, as everyone is different, I reckon if we manage this we make an LB rule that none of us drive for at least an hour after the blood-letting and keep an eye out for each other. The service also includes a biscuit and a cuppa tea or squash as well where the nurses monitor you in case of any risk of fainting or anything like that so its really safe and well-regulated for anyone with any fear at all!

To anyone whose read down this thread and is interested, HUGE THANKS. PM me or message on this thread at me if you have questions, an I’ll tell you what I know or where you can get more info.

Love all, and keep the numbers coming.
We’re at 11 and I’ve been told that we will probably need 50 to convince the Blood Service, so dig deep and kidnap a stranger for us if you think he’s got enough spare blood (Just kidding). Kidnapees will not be accepted for donating.