Last September in Spain (Asturias)

Hi,we’ve been last year in September to Spain for 2 weeks. On the map you can see the area.

We were going with the car and had the motorbike on the trailer, because from Germany it is about 1100 Miles to drive.

And here now a few pictures of the roads, us and the landscape.

and that’s us

more roads…

and more roads…

and here we saw some guys from England

and that’s me and our bike…

and Simone and our bike…

That’s the End

Hope it’s not to boring.

Steffen

some nice pictures there mate…going to South of France, Pyrenees and will pop into Spain this September, also will try to take in Monaco as well:)

I hope I’m not being too silly asking- Is the tank bag all the luggage you carried? How long did it take you to get to your destination and how many miles a day did you cover to your destination? One more last question:P…Did you camp or put up at a B&B?

Thanks

Hi josh in 2000,

we had more luggage, we’ve driven to Spain with the car and a trailer. It took us 2 days to get there and 2 days to get home, it was about 1700 kilometers.We’ve done a few daytrips with the bike, each around 400 kilometers.

We stayed with friends and had a flat for us.

Hope this helps,

Bonsai

I did a similar ride from UK.
Only took a large tank bag and bunjied a waterproof bag to the back.
Went for just over week, riding around San Sebastien and crossing the peaks on the Pyranees between Spain and France. Got the ferry back from Santander (24hrs and a good party)

We were averaging anywhere between 6 & 8 hours a day, chasing good roads.

There are loads of Pension’s (B&B’s) all over the place.
Spain is generally cheaper and the more off the beaten track, the cheaper it is.
Little hint to anyone going, see if you can get them to fill up jugs for beer.
2 pints is 8 euros, but a 4 or 5 pint jug is only 6 euros. I don’t get it either, but it worked for us.