KTM Unveils the 2021 KTM 690 Enduro R and KTM 690 SMC R

what does she think of the new Sumo?

She says it’s nice even though It’s orange. But it’s a KTM so I’m only allowed it if it’s new

1 Like

What I don’t get though (didn’t read in detail) - will one be able to put road tyres on the enduro or offroad tyres on the SMC?

Being an SMC will it be purely for road? That was my big bugbear with mine, that I couldn’t pur offroad tyres on it (at least without major mods).

If that’s the case, why not go for an EXC and have the best of both worlds?

i would guess you wont find road tires for a 21" front? so you need new wheels
if so most do Enduro → Sumo not Sumo → enduro

Yes sorry that was my point. Would the enduro be able to convert to SM?

Vague memory I had was that excs were easier to convert. And that SMC needed changes to brake caliper.

It’s been a while since I looked at it and my memory is more goldfish than elephant…

read the article :stuck_out_tongue:

Was always harder to enduro a sm bike on the old lc4.
Like his thinking but will always be a bit soft as a sm track bike, even changing the pads will still boil and fade with the two pot. Better to have a quick release brake line and go for a 4 or 6pot berginger, talon bracket + 310mm disc.

1 Like

NineMiles went SM to Enduro with his 701

Suspension will be sprung completely differently as well, no?

1 Like

How did he do that with a radial foot mount?
Or did he use the 320 on the enduro.

Got the wheels made by SMPro and I think they came with spacers. Pretty sure he used the same discs.

As for suspension, initially ran as it was and maybe stiffened them but no other changes.

Guess unless you end up going for a spare set of forks and shock there will always be a drawback useless you’re happy with it doing the job as best it can without chucking more money at it.
Still happy with this husaberg for now. On road it’s like a 690smc with the handling of a exc & the most shocking thing is those bikes are really reliable :exploding_head:
Seeing the new 450smr tho :drooling_face:

1 Like

remind me/us what you have again?

Yeah, like I have the time :rofl: or attention span

This is my 570 husaberg great bike for what I need, the other was my mates husky 450fs that sadly got stolen :confused: we was in Aragon for a week on track. I did enjoy the 450 more out of the two bikes but the 570 is more than capable on most small tracks.

2 Likes

Tekmo do some nice parts for those 690-701

nice walkaround

Nice colours.

needs more stickers

1 Like

nearly spat my snack (cereal) over my laptop!