KNOCKED OVER..

Hey all,

not having a good couple of weeks. 2 flats, f**ked up electrics, now some dozy lady in her 4x4 reverses into my bike when it was parked.

i told her it would cost alot more to go through insurance & offered her to pay £200 cash…no way she says, take it to a honda dealer. fine! took the bike in for an estimate & if i want all new parts then its £1270, plus the helmet was on the bike which of course dropped on the concrete & scratched up the visor… so thats another £260.

how long in your experience do this things take to payout? she takes fall responsability.

phoned up my insurance but they told me to wait for a call. didnt even take the details.

You offered to “let her off” for £200 and she turned it down :doze:

I’m guessing she thinks (as a lot of people do) that bikes cost sod all to repair, which just isn’t the case.

I’d say just do it through insurance, is your bike ridable?

Shame, man. Shame. At least she says she’s admitting fault. (Make sure she doesn’t go back on that once she starts finding out how her premiums will go up in future. People are by nature devious).

Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Happened to me 3 weeks ago… in the carpark at home, fortunately the neighbour accepted liability straight away… plus there was cctv of her doing it so she didn’t really have any scope to deny it.

All the same I’d had the footage saved and taken pictures of the scene etc. Be prepared for the worst as she may well change her mind when she realises the size of the claim. People are less than honorable when it comes to insurance matters, believe me I know!

You might want to check the area for CCTV, by rights you’re entitled to pictures from any external camera, bank, traffic etc… You’ll just need to make a Data Protection request. The charge should on the while be fairly nominal. I would also report the matter to the police and a non injury accident.

Good luck…

P.S. £200! what were you thinking!

i didnt think i would bother the police…but i’ll go do it now.i did get her to sign a statement to say she done it & also i got a witnesses details. but i also signed it & it had the damages that i noticed. will this go against me? coz there were alot more than i first thought.

i.ll go check if they had any cctv.

lol i know £200, so glad she refused…

& yes it is ridable, just cosmetic damage.

it looks like closer to 2000 coz most of the fairings are sctratched. mirrors, foot pegs, gear. bent front fairing, crash bung eaten into, right bar end snapped & a few other bits & bobs.

i should sue her for stress, when i heard that crash i nearlly got whip lash. lol.

just hope she plays nice.

I do not know why people bother to lie about the extent of damage. Her no claims bonus will be hit for the same amount whether the insurance company pays £200 or £2000.

I had a problem with a neighbour whose tree had fallen across my garden and damaged fences and a shed. He kept denying liability until I pointed out that I would sue him for anything I could not collect from his insurance company. A couple of weks later the cheque came through from the insurance company for the full claim.

the woman is clearly insane! 200 notes? i’d have bit your hand off, and thanked you profusely for letting me off so lightly. her excess alone will be that, and she’ll have to declare the claim for 3 years hitting her for insurance.

unlucky getting it smacked up. keep the grazed stuff if you can for track days?

Sorry to here your problems Mate. But I can’t believe you offered to let her off for 200! I bet your glad now that she said no!!!

got the estimate…

£2087.00 INC VAT + LABOUR

plus the helmet & visor = around £280

cant beleive i offered £200…:cool:

the police said i cant get the cctv by myself.

just got off the phone to my insurance company & they said they cant help me as im tpft…

so how do i claim & get my money from this chick

I always go fully comp as you never know.

Depends if it’s a company car, in which case she’d have to be mad to pay out £200 from her own pocket rather than just sign a couple of bits of paper.

You would have to contact her insurance company directly, and they will take it from there. provide them with copies of all the statements, estimates etc and you should be ok. Good luck :slight_smile:

For that amount of money get a professional uninsured loss company involved as soon as her insurers start to get difficult. Tell them you will settle for a quick pay up of the estimate. And warn them that any problems from them and you will have to seek professional advice that they, as the fault party, will end up paying for.

Also, whatever you do, do not tell them you have that statement of fault. Most insurance policies have small print which can mean they are invalidated if the insured party admits fault or in any way acts so as to increase the insurer’s liability. Show it to your professional advisor when you get one by all means, but don’t give her insurer an excuse to drop her claim from their books.

i sent her a text today requesting her insurance details but she didnt send them but said that she had reported the incident to her insurers & they would contact me.

i have legal cover on my insurance.should i contact them now? get them to contact her insurers or should i try & get her info again & contact them myself

<A class=SmlBoldLinks id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl30_smAuthorName onmouseover=“window.status = window.location;return true;” onmouseout=“window.status=’’;return true;” href=“void(’’);”>Giuliano, professional uninsured loss company? im abit naive when it comes to this stuff. i am insured. can you give me any company names.

she wrote the note stateing what happened & i sighned it like an idiot. she wrote 2 copies on small peices of note paper in really bad writing.

<a href=UserInfo3650.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=WillS Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘3650’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘3650’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘3650’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);" onclick=“InstantASP_OpenMenu(’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl29_smAuthorName’,’_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl29_smAuthorName_SimpleMenuDivLayer’,’<a href=UserInfo3650.aspx Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘View Member\s Profile’>View Member’s Profile<a href=BuddyIgnoreList1.aspx?Username=WillS Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Add to Buddy List’>Add to Buddy List<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendPrivateMessage’,‘3650’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Private Message’>Send Private Message<a href=__doPostBack(‘butSendEmail’,‘3650’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Send Email To Member’>Send Email To Member<a href=__doPostBack(‘butShowMemberPosts’,‘3650’); onmouseover=‘window.status=window.location;return true;’; onmouseout=window.status=’’;return true; Class=‘SmlLinks’ Title=‘Find All Member\s Posts’>Find All Member’s Posts’,‘165px’);”><A class=SmlBoldLinks id=_ctl1_ctlTopic_ctlPanelBar_ctlTopicsRepeater__ctl29_smAuthorName onmouseover=“window.status = window.location;return true;” onmouseout=“window.status=’’;return true;” href=“void(’’);”>WillS, it wasnt a company car i dont think.WillS

I can’t recommend anyone as I have always been fully comp - as one lawyer I once spoke to said, not paying for fully comp is often the most expensive option.

However, I recently gave a statement to http://www.ulrknebworth.co.uk/index.html in connection with this -

http://londonbikers.com/forums/Topic232967-58-1.aspx

But it looks like you need to have uninsured recovery legal expenses through your third party policy to get help from them.

There are various firms here -

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=uninsured+recovery+ltd&meta=

my legal firm is going to sort this out…

they told me that i have to use one of there garages. do i have to? as i prefer to use my own guy who is very good

You will have to negotiate with them on that. Often they use certai ngarages becasue they negotiate special rates for the work You don’t imagine they pay the same hourly rate you and I do do you?