Knocked off

Ask yourself if you have the necessary skills and working facilities to effect a repair and is it the sort of thing you’d do. Would you consider buying such a bike to repair had you not owned it in the first instance?

I’d be inclined to forget about that bike and move on with the £4,400.00, although when I was at school 2800+1500=4300

Thanks. I don’t intend to repair and given the Cat D status it will only be worth £2k after repairs.

Digging out the figures given over the phone - actual figures are 1540 and 2860

Is that like for like. Is your bike a '65 plate with low demonstrator mileage?

I bought my bike with 180miles on the clock and one owner, 15 plate. Not a ex-demonstrator.

Sorry, when you bought your bike has nothing to do with its market value today. Its market value today is based on what it would likely have fetched if offered for sale immediately prior to the collision.

Ask them to match this

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201510318301456?search-target=usedbikes&make=honda&model=cb500&maximum-age=up_to_1_year_old&postcode=nw107lu&keywords=CB500X&sort=default&page=1&radius=1500&logcode=p

You want the asking price of £4,699.00 plus delivery charge because its 100+ miles away. Ring the dealer and ask how much for delivery to your door. I’m assuming here your bikes mileage is about 3000 miles. So what’s the difference? The difference is they’ll have to show you where you can lay your hands on a 15 plate for less! I couldn’t do that, fair play to them if they can but be sure they’re offering you like for like. Same model, year, mileage etc as your bike was immediately prior to the collision. Then what you do with the payout is your choice.

Thanks - really useful.

I bought the bike in July so it is pretty recent… but good points!

And I am genuinely grateful you have taken the time to look this up for me!

Been there and done that when I wrote off a 12 week old Bonne’