KillSpills 2006: What a day!

yeah i heard about those as well

LMRR was nearly taken out by one of those…

but the funniest one was -

a station wagon trying to force its way down embankment - cop comes over and tells him to go around…

he still tries to force his way through - cop then pulls his bike in front of the car - to a round of applause courtesy of bikers and tourists… copper trying not to smile and succeeding (shows you the difference - if that was me I would have laughed at the driver) then gets the car to move… and the muppet then tries to cut across the oncoming traffic turn because he is determined to get down embankment

what a muppet!!!

One of the http://www.boxhill.co.uk members has put together a video here http://www.boxhill.co.uk/videos/killspills06.wmv - please right click and save target as

Agree with all about a top quality ride.

Talking of muppets - did anyone see that bus as we turned off towards Hyde Park from the A40? As I went by a couple of the marshalls were telling him that the bikes were coming through but he just kept edging out. At Westiminster, I got told that he had actually clipped a bike while inching out! Some people!

Got a bit hairy around Marble Arch/Speakers corner too as the bikes just kept going but there were no police to stop traffic coming from Oxford Street.

It was my first rally and absolutely loved it. Look forward to doing it again next year - just hope we are allowed.

Didn’t see the loony old **** get hit, but I would have liked to… He just walked into the road and started jumping from side to side with his arms waving about above his head. As I approached he stated moving over to where I was going so I swerved around his back side. Sam kinda figured that he was trying to get across the road, so She slowed down and moved right to the edge of the road, but he just tried to move in front of Her, so She also whipped round him. Twat ought to be charged with something.

It was indeed a great ride out, i’ve been on them every year now and it’s just getting bigger and bigger.

i too saw the guy jumping about waving his arms, (nutter). and there was another bus forcing his way out of a side street, just before the man. a marshall was tring to stop the bus but was taking no notice at all.

Great day, and with the Brighton run the day after, it was a great weekend.

The bus before the wavy man (not sure what road it wa on!!) was a nightmare, it kept edging out it was halfway in the road all the bikes were beeping and yelling, eventually a marshall had to get off his bike and stand right in fron of the bus, I didn’t see what happened after that cos I went on to meet the wavy man. I have done quite a few demo runs in my time but none of this magnitude, i thought it was excellently marshalled and I for one would like to give a big thanks to all the marshalls and to the BikeSafe bobbies for giving up more of their time to make the day a lot safer.

yes it was a bloody good day

shame about some trying to ruin it but thats life

nice to see some more faces

was a great day…

Attachments

P9090507.JPG

P9090473.JPG

P9090486.JPG