Killing flies

Hi all, just been out for a proper hoon on my new bike 07 R1. Let me explain: it’s been a long time getting here, I’m a couple of weeks short of that mile(mill?)stone of a life - my 50th.

My biking started on mopeds a long, long time ago, mopeds, RD’s, GT’s,RGV’s 400rr, ducati’s, Gsxrs an finally R1’s.

I’m not as fast as some of the mates I used to go out with, but then again, most of them hung up their leathers a while back and the early morning runs on a Sunday fell by the wayside of marriages, mortgages and kids.

I’m not rich, most of the bike I’m now riding is on interest free credit cards, and will be for some time…

So, back to tonight: I thought my kast R1 was the dogs but the new bike is in a league apart, reminds me of the RC30 I had, really together, only more so and 5 times as fast! Went out 0n the A24/A29 and did a big circuit, for about an hour, finishing at my local for a steadying pint and a smoke.

Everything gelled tonight, gaps in the traffic, clear straights, empty bends and nice lines into the roundabouts: Thought I was reet over until I checked the rear and still have a bit of unused tyre left - modern bikes are so damn good, I was turning in too early and had to force myself to look for the opening of bends, non believers won’t have a clue of what I’m on about nights like this are heaven for us, just bike and road, oh yeah, and a load of dead flies…

sound cool mate…

sometimes its just right when its you your bike and the road…

I love those days where you feel at one with your bike - heaven

I had a go on Afro’s R1 the other night and I have to say, it felt ‘right’

I rode from Heathrow back to Kent around the M25 tonight and that was pretty good, nothing in my way all the way round - just me, the bike and a load of flies

Could have done with my clear visor though