Kennington Road Blocked off

Looks like there’s been an accident at the junction of Kennington Rd and Kennington Lane, possibly involving a motorcycle. Looked nasty, lots of police and whole road cordoned off.

It might be clear by now (I was there at 5.20pm) but if it isn’t and you’re heading south, then you can get round it by turning right onto Sancroft Street, left onto Cardigan Street, and then straight over Kennington Lane then right onto the southernmost part of Kennington Rd, just past the accident.

Roads were opened at 8.41 so this closure lasted at least 5 hours.

damn that sounds bad… anyone know what happened?

No idea but there was a car up on the pavement facing the buildings on the side, lots of debris on the road, and what to me looked like a large white unfaired bike on its side. With the number of police that were there I guess this was either a fatal accident or some kind of police operation.

i know what happen

a boy on a r6 was ruining from the police because he had no insurance and was wanted for the police.

so was speeding and hit a person in the road

the person has lost both his legs because of it.

South London Press: Biker arrested after Kennington Road smash

Thanks for letting us know.

you cheeky f**kers you dont even know him or what happend so why dont you keep your comments to your self the man was pist and walked into the f in bike and my baby isnt gona have her dad around to see her grow up there are to sids and to familys in this:angry:

GET YA FACTS RIGHT : 1, FACT :-the accident happend an hour or so after the incident of being flashed to pull over !!
2, FACT :-the man he hit was pissed and walked out infront of him !!
3, I HOPE YA MAN ENOUGH TO ADMIT YA WAS WRONG !!!
RUMOURS ARE NOT CLEVER GET THE FACTS FIRST BEFORE YA OPEN YA GOB N GET IT WRONG AGAIN !!

mklc & 23virus23 clearly if the ride of the bike (with whom you appear to be associated) was insured, license and within the speed limit then I doubt he will have a problem getting off a charge of causing death by dangerous driving…

If however he was uninsured and/or unlicensed and/or significantly over the speed limit such that he could not avoid the pedestrian then I hope they throw the book at him!

Have a nice day!

where the **** you gettin his dead the mans ok and the driver wasnt speedin i know i am the one sittin in the court the man was pist and there is a police witnes sayin the man walked in to the bike when the cars and bikes where in the right to be goin over the crossin. your a mug dont think u know what gos on u just see wots in the paper and goin around u want the facts u got em the man shouldnt have been dum and walked in to the road my 5 yr old knows better