Keeping fingers warm

Don’t get too excited, I could think of a few ways outside a biking context!

I have winter gloves on and heated grips, but riding in this morning the ends of my thumbs and little fingers went numb which is less than ideal. 

Anyone have any quirky tips here? Was thinking of putting my gloves on the radiator before I ride to try and retain some heat, or throwing a few hand warmer pads in there?

Was thinking of putting my gloves on the radiator before I ride to try and retain some heat, or throwing a few hand warmer pads in there? harryehall
lol I did that this morning with my normal gloves. They were cold by the time i'd got the bike to the end of my road!

Silk inners?

Better gloves, some kind of hand guards or muffs are probably the only reasonable options - in order of increasing effectiveness and probably increasing faff.

Or heated gloves I guess.

What I find, even with heated gloves, is that the levers just stay freezing. So on the M1 I leave lots of space around me and get my hands off the levers. That and the heated gloves work fine.

Those waterproof over-mittens. Keep the wind off. Allows a buffer of warm air to build up. Make you look like Mickey Mouse.

Those waterproof over-mittens. Keep the wind off. Allows a buffer of warm air to build up. Make you look like Mickey Mouse. Ben_Sir_Amos
Yawn - doesn't anyone search the forum anymore

Nobody wants to use the search term “Muff” around here

Warming your hands on the engine?

Keep on flexing those frozen fingers of yours. On monotonous journeys with little use of the brake and clutch, your hands get stuck in the same position with no movement to help keep your circulation going. Failing that, stop hoarding your pennies and invest in some heated gloves :+1:

Goose fat and rubber gloves.

You can also use it to keep your fingers warm.

I find the plastic gloves you get in petrol stations inside your gloves works great

Goose fat and rubber gloves.

You can also use it to keep your fingers warm.

eezie
You can also use it to keep your fingers warm on the bike.

On that note, what is the forum opinion about Keis Heated Inner Gloves ? I can´t be arsed to buy a pair of Gerbings, nor installing heated grips… So unless there is a general consensus that there are uber shit, I might buy them… Thoughts?

I sit on my hands at lights :stuck_out_tongue:

Edited for you

On that note, what is the forum opinion about Keis Heated Inner Gloves ? I can´t be arsed to buy a pair of Gerbings, nor installing heated grips... So unless there is a general consensus that there are uber shit, I might buy them... Thoughts? WildBoy
They work ok, but you'll either need a baggy glove to use them or it'll make your existing ones tight, which then cuts off the blood to the fingers and still make them cold regardless of the heat. Also putting on double gloves is a arse, especially for shortish journeys. 

That’s the reasons I swapped to heated gloves.

Oh well, screw it, I’m buying this for the Dragon Rally

If I were a gambling man I’d wager that’ll be your first Dragon
Dragon vets swear by their muffs

Wild boy I’ve got dozens of those in a drawer somewhere! Emergency packs.