Kawasaki or Suzuki???

I’m the same height and ride the R6 on tiptoes. :smiley:

What about the CBR600F

Has anyone tried that one? Is is a comfortable position?

I done my DAS and went straight on to my CBR600F, still have it now and although it’s been tucked away for the winter I have had two years of good times with it, great all round bike, I’ve been to France on it, long weekend in Wales, many more rideouts, commuted on it for a bit and I’ve even taken it on track a few times, would def recommend one :slight_smile:

+1

I had a CBR600FS-2 for almost two years and really enjoyed riding it. Never had any issues with it besides a cam chain tensioner that had to be changed (apparently a common problem with CBR’s). Was easy enough to ride from the start and had plenty of power to make it exciting towards the end.

Reason I chose the sports model was mainly due to aesthetics - I really like the split seat as it makes it look a bit more sporty :slight_smile: I’m pretty sure insurance is about the same for the F and FS models as I believe they’re in the same category.

Last summer I did a trip to Denmark in one go on it which was about 800+ miles so as you can imagine the riding position is quite comforable (was still quite sore after 16+ hours of riding of course)

Attachments

cbr600F4i_sport.jpg

May I ask how tall are you guys?

I am 5’5" and I kind of have short legs so finding the right sports/touring bike is proving quite hard…

I am looking for a second hand bike, still modern looking at around £3.000.

I’m somewhere between 5’9" and 5’10" and could easily reach the ground with my feet flat on the ground still with an inch or two to give.

Found an FS-1 on AutoTrader with 10,000 miles on the clock for £2,600 so it should be doable within your budget I’d say :slight_smile:

So far my favourite is this one, a bit of a stretch on the budget but I think it will be worth it…

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200931338939284/sort/priceasc/usedbikes/engine-size-bikes/490cc_to_675cc/maximum-age/up_to_7_years_old/model/gsx/make/suzuki/radius/1500/page/3/postcode/e105ef?logcode=p

Should be buying a new bike in a couple of months…

I’ve ridden a Kawasaki and they’re pretty nice. Not rode any of the suzuki’s so it’s hard to say. The only thing about the Kawasaki is that it lacked a little bit of umpf. I reckon you might be better off with a suzuki SV650 I’ve heard a lot about them and people reckon they’re good fun, not that huge of a bike either.

Are you looking to buy new or used? Kawasaki at J&S accessories are doing some blinding deals at the moment, they’re the cheapest i’ve seen in the country on new models.

Priscila - if you feel comfortable on the suzuki gsx you should be alright on a CBR600 - the dimensions are similar and the CBR is probably a fair bit lighter.

I can’t imagine there is than much difference in seat height?

Plus the CBR is a pukka sportsbike - whereas the GSX - excellent bike though it is - is a re-clothed Bandit.

CBR is an excellent choice if you want a sportsbike + they have been around for years so you should find one in the right price range.

Yeah, I will test drive them all and decide. Most of them you can reduce the seating hight by an inch or so, that will help a LOT! lol

I love the CBR’s I have a 125 at the moment and she is very good but I need more power now. Is a perfect first bike and we had and still have lots of fun together :slight_smile:

I am about the same as you, I bought my CBR off of a lady who’d already had a lowering kit put on it so it made things easier for me on my 1st bike, have ridden a few standard height bikes though and had no probs touching the floor really.

Hey Guys,

Just came back from a Suzuki Dealer.

There they showed me the Suzuki GSXF 650, Is a very good dimension and seems confi compared to other super sports bikes.

and then…

He showed me the Susuki Gladius 650 (dark gray and red), OH MY GOD!

Even though I don’t usually like naked bikes that was like love at first site! Is very very comfortable and also very fast!

Is way out of my budget at £5.700 because is a brand new model.

So here I am counting all my pennies and stuff I can sell to see if I can afford that bike!

lol

Does anyone own one???

I’m selling my suzuki gsr600 what is much better then a bandit coz is newer,lighter and faster and more stylish!!!And Kawa only if they are ninjas!!

thought you would like the gladius…:slight_smile: have a look around there should be some low mileage used but almost new Gladius’s around.

Priscila - get the Black SV650 with the black frame - it’s looks and runs just as good as the Gladius* (same engine), plus the SV with the fairing has clip on handlebars etc which give it a sporty riding position.a used SV will be a lot cheaper and will leave you money left over for tyres and petrol!

Have you sat on a CBR yet?

*Actually I prefer the look of the SV :wink:

If I buy the Gladius brand new my local dealer gave me a deal of 48x on 2% interest, and £99 for 12 month comprehensive insurance. Plus a free lowering kit and screen.

What do you guys think?

xx

if you can afford fully comp isnurnace the follwing year…i’d say go for it!

BTW i’m told the engines ARE difrent on the galdius, difrent layout?

Different from what? Last models?

The new one has a new layout.

this is the one I want…

diffrent from the original SV, not much tho, SFV is the gladius, good looking bike, i quite liek them!

Before you make a decision go and have a look at a few used SV650s. Try em out for size and see how much money you can save by going down the used SV route compared to the Gladius.

The Gladius deal won’t go away - make sure you see as many bikes a possible (different models/prices) before you make a decision. :wink: