kamikaze moment last night

ginger

i should’t have generalised, there are a lot of good car/van/lorry drivers out there, who do help by letting bikes past. I have to drive my company car a hell of a lot. But you must see that there are loads of drivers that just dont have a clue what is going on around them!!!

well, i reckon as a biking community, some of the horror stories you see on here, and hear about elsewhere, its about time we did try and do something about it.

start of with a seed (idea) then itll grow into a tree…

start gaining interest, contacting relevant authorities etc etc, arrange ride and date, then get it out to mags, papers news etc etc

Fair enough, it probably wont change allot of peoples attitude, but we could maybe even print of lot of stickers for peoples bikes, cars, windows etc etc, along lines of that THink BIke idea

Big enough group of bikers, with the proper exposure wont go unoticed

What about even getting someones right off bike to have at meeting place somewhere, to show people what can happen when the mow down a biker?

yeah i know you wernt try to slag them all of i agree though some are twats, but i think they should have to do a cbt before being allowed to get in a car ie do cbt before they take thier test

I found the same thing while i was learning…

its so stupid how people are nowadays - they think cos u’re a learner they can cut u up at random…

but it gets done to learner drivers as well which is so sad…

Steve, why not take your girlfriend out on the country roads for a bit?

AbbeyJ- We WERE on the country roads!!!

By the way, I would not concider breaking wing mirrors off willy nilly. The only time I would ever be tempted is in a circumstance where the other party really has tried hard to get me to view the tarmac close up and personal and then gives me a hard time. We have enough trouble with our image at times to have a go at people who are just miopic or make a mistake.

Was talking to my upstair neighbour about learning to drive as he is in his 40’s and has never got round to it. He went for one lesson and no more as some impatient twat actually bumped the back of his AA learners car and shouted at him to “get a f******G move on”. That type of prat needs to be dragged from their car and tought a very long and valuable lesson.

yeah but i only tap them not take the off unless someone like you said makes me nearkly see the ground

I am getting practice for my test at the moment especially around Oxford Circus/Baker Street area. I figured I would jump right into the mad house so I can get used to it.

There are a lot of wankers out there especialy trying to overtake when there is nowhere to overtake due to traffic being in front of you

Very sad and very pathetic

However there are people who see the L plates and respectfully give you your space. Then again it might be because they are driving mercs

I think a lot of car drivers are very angry and frustrated deep inside

I used to just boot their mirrors off…

Considering the bloke had obviously just proven himself to be a reckless tw@t of the highest order, do you really think sitting a foot off his rear bumper with one hand on the bars whilst using the other to give hand signals was a smart move ?

probably not, but what else can you do when hes trying to knock off a learner?

first thought was to keep her safe, hence the title of the thread…

and to be fair, i only took the hand off the bar when id made a sufficient safety gap…